Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 MLB Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Not really sure why the Pirates went with Volquez for a must-win game. The result was predictable. 5 hits, 5ER and 3 BB.
    Because they were close with the Cardinals for the division, used up their top starters. The Cards were ready to use Wainwright on the final game of the season, but they luck out.

Tigers bullpen is so awful. Hoping Verlander can knot up this series tomorrow, otherwise, it's over.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Moustakas with the tiebreaker!

Man, Kansas City is fun to watch. The two best postseason games in the early going, it looks like a fun series is starting. Suck it, Los Angeles.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

The only way KC can win is the hard way. They don't have high end power anywhere in their lineup, they have to fight and claw and scratch and scrape. They're the exact opposite of a traditional moneyball team but they're finding ways to make it work for them. I wonder if that's how the league and its fans saw the original moneyball teams before the method behind the madness became clear.

That lack of top performance is going to come back to bite them eventually when up against a team with some real explosiveness, but I think we've seen that that team may not be LAA.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    The only way KC can win is the hard way. They don't have high end power anywhere in their lineup, they have to fight and claw and scratch and scrape. They're the exact opposite of a traditional moneyball team but they're finding ways to make it work for them. I wonder if that's how the league and its fans saw the original moneyball teams before the method behind the madness became clear.

That lack of top performance is going to come back to bite them eventually when up against a team with some real explosiveness, but I think we've seen that that team may not be LAA.
    Too early to say that Doj. If the Halos come back and win tonight I think they will take the series, though I will admit the Royals' win last night was a big one for them and could loom even bigger as the series switches to KC.

Ouch this Tigers bullpen is BAAAAD... they all put gasoline on the fire.

Meanwhile in DC, Jake Peavy on the mound in NLDS Game 1.

Yeah I don't get why Detroit has not built a good bullpen.

Maybe they have tried and failed but it seems a shame that they have built an otherwise championship quality team yet have such a cough it up pen.

I don't care, really. And I do prefer that the O's win the whole deal as I have said before.

We all lament the Sox major failings this season. But the Sox have had a pretty good pen for several years even with the failure of two closers to even contribute last year.
    I bet the Tigers would not mind having Badenhop or Mujica about now!!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!11!

i cannot believe he took out sanchez to go to joba and that terrible pen of theirs. they are so scared right now. none of their bullpen arms are confident enough to get 1 out it seems like.

Even Dartmouth produces idiot managers. Blow Joba does it again!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    I have never seen a bunch of frauds like the tigers in the postseason yet these analyst keep picking them.

So far there have been some good games in the playoffs this year.

I like this because my team is not in the post season and I have no real reason to watch.

I hope that Peavey does not get lit up in the 6th! I have a feeling that he may fade!!!

Deity
    Peavy ran out of gas but he pitched well through 5 innings
    Last edited by d-money; 10-03-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Deity
    Now the giants bullpen can blow this

Deity
    Cant stand the dodgers nor the cardinals.Itd only a matter of time before wainwright gets shelled.He looks shaky.