Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Sign Hanley Ramirez

Scherzer turned down a 144million offer from Detroit, i bet any other team is going to come even slight bit close to that offer other than the yankees or dodgers. he just shot himself in the foot i think.

Scherzer will get 175M from the Yanks or Nats, maybe Detroit imo. And i will laugh vigorously..

I don't know what the fuck you guys are worried about with HanRam. If ever there was a man I would like to take a bead on with a high powered rifle when he steps to the plate it's that man! I swear, I never saw the guy strike out. All he does is murder NL pitching. As to his hustle: he does it! (now)

It IS true, however, that he's as fragile as Derrick Rose's grammy, so he must be used wisely. I'm glad to wave bye-bye to the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    I would imagine that this organization prefers to spend 200 million on a winning team over 150 million on a losing one. One report coming in is saying that the Red Sox are giving a Lester a day or two to consider their offers, and then they're moving on to Scherzer.
    Moving on to Scherzer???? No freakin' way. If we lose Lester and fail to trade for Hamels the Yankees will get into the Scherzer sweepstakes and WE HAVE NEVER OUTBID THEM FOR ANY GOOD PLAYER BOTH OF US COVETED. We will wind up empty with a pack of low risk high reward bums who will fail miserably and keep us in the middle of the AL East pack.....if that high.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    No interest in Scherzer at all from me. I dont see that arm aging well at all and he will be another Boras albatross.

Also fred, ownership stated recently that going over the LT this season wouldn't discourage them from the right player.
    We'll see BSN. But talk is cheap and we know some of our front office are a pack of bullshit artists. I'll believe it when I see it and right now I think getting those two was a big mistake without addressing our pitching needs first. STARTING PITCHING WIN CHAMPUIONSHIPS!!!!! and right now we have crapola in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    We'll see BSN. But talk is cheap and we know some of our front office are a pack of bullshit artists. I'll believe it when I see it and right now I think getting those two was a big mistake without addressing our pitching needs first. STARTING PITCHING WIN CHAMPUIONSHIPS!!!!! and right now we have crapola in that regard.
    I don't understand why pitching needed to be addressed first. I fully expect the FO to address it. You address your needs as they come available to be addressed. I agree SP wins championships. Let's see what they do about it before spewing vitriolic posts. If they sh!t the bed on pitching, I'll be right beside you complaining. Complaining now is like bitching in November that it's probably going to rain next fourth of July.
    "It'll be all right. We just don't make it easy on ourselves. Down and out, and then POW! Sox Nation takes over." - Kevin Millar

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
    I don't understand why pitching needed to be addressed first. I fully expect the FO to address it. You address your needs as they come available to be addressed. I agree SP wins championships. Let's see what they do about it before spewing vitriolic posts. If they sh!t the bed on pitching, I'll be right beside you complaining. Complaining now is like bitching in November that it's probably going to rain next fourth of July.
    So you're saying I need a rain date for my July 4th barbecue in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
    Not even the ignore option can save me from his constant whining. Goddamn.
    We miss you Mike.

omg Fred c'mon.. you really can't think the team made these moves, created depth and assets and plans to do absolutely nothing to the P? In this worst case scenario, yes I would be right there pounding my head and shaking my fist at what the hell the FO is doing. That scenario is highly unlikely imo and you are overreacting per usual.

Again the SP market is at a stand still with Boras and his circus and Lester visiting multiple teams because the team wasn't willing to offer an insane sign now deal. As soon as Lester and Boras sign the trade market for SP will open up and we will get a better idea what the team is gonna do. Patience man, it's November.

I bet that the Yankees will sign Scherzer or Lester or even both.

I can't see the Yankees having total faith in three or four of their starters returning to form / being healthy.

Spending a fortune on either or both would seem the Yankee thing to do. Dead money be damned.

I can see it now. Certain members of this board will go wild with told you so posts!

So get ready! The Yankees are laying in the bushes waiting to pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

I can't see the Yankees having total faith in three or four of their starters returning to form / being healthy.

Spending a fortune on either or both would seem the Yankee thing to do. Dead money be damned.

I can see it now. Certain members of this board will go wild with told you so posts!

You better believe it, Man! You guys just sent a double barreled salvo across their bow. My Yankee fan buddy is foaming at the mouth right now!

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Not even the ignore option can save me from his constant whining. Goddamn.
    Then don't read my post stupid.....and you won't have that trouble......and if you don't respond to anything I write I will NOT respond to anything you write. What could be simpler....except you want to respond and take me on. So this will continue until you back off mr. #$%^ for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    omg Fred c'mon.. you really can't think the team made these moves, created depth and assets and plans to do absolutely nothing to the P? In this worst case scenario, yes I would be right there pounding my head and shaking my fist at what the hell the FO is doing. That scenario is highly unlikely imo and you are overreacting per usual.

Again the SP market is at a stand still with Boras and his circus and Lester visiting multiple teams because the team wasn't willing to offer an insane sign now deal. As soon as Lester and Boras sign the trade market for SP will open up and we will get a better idea what the team is gonna do. Patience man, it's November.
    BSN. You keep mentioning Boras.....Who is he representing anyway? Scherzer or Hamels or Cueto? Please don't tell me he is now representing Lester. For the record, I can't see the Red Sox being that dense and ignoring their pitching but I do have a fear that we may get out-snookered and wind up with pitchers like Masterson, Hummel, Santana and McCarthy types which will make winning next season impossible. I still think if the Red Sox just tell Lester they want him and make him an offer without a bunch of bullshit on the sides we may be able to get this done sooner rather than risk it later. BTW, Peter Gammons said today he feels the Red Sox will get Lester. To me that's the kiss of death because that ham-baloney hasn't been right about anything the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

Good warning Spud and it would be wise for Cherington to take heed. It wouldn't be the first time we got ambushed by the Yankees, and this board will be on fire if that happens. The bootlickers and front office acolytes will then be wise to head for the hills. Still, you have to think and believe our front office has learned some lessons from seeing the Yankees continue to pick our pockets.

BSN. You keep mentioning Boras.....Who is he representing anyway? Scherzer or Hamels or Cueto? Please don't tell me he is now representing Lester. For the record, I can't see the Red Sox being that dense and ignoring their pitching but I do have a fear that we may get out-snookered and wind up with pitchers like Masterson, Hummel, Santana and McCarthy types which will make winning next season impossible. I still think if the Red Sox just tell Lester they want him and make him an offer without a bunch of bullshit on the sides we may be able to get this done sooner rather than risk it later. BTW, Peter Gammons said today he feels the Red Sox will get Lester. To me that's the kiss of death because that ham-baloney hasn't been right about anything the past few years.
    Actually, if you're referring to his spot on WFAN with The Pope, he said that he felt Lester would end up with the Cubs.... That was at the end of the spot, where he did a 'quick hitter' with Francesa on a series of questions....