Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2015 Prospect Mega Thread

Deity
    Now it seems that 3 of our top 6 prospects are starting pitchers. Not sure how these changes and upgrades happen during the off season but still looks good. If the farm system is as good as some people think that it is then it looks pretty good for us. I choose to subscribe to the theory of show me don't tell me. I choose to not blindly believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Now it seems that 3 of our top 6 prospects are starting pitchers. Not sure how these changes and upgrades happen during the off season but still looks good. If the farm system is as good as some people think that it is then it looks pretty good for us. I choose to subscribe to the theory of show me don't tell me. I choose to not blindly believe it.
    I've lived too long to expect that we have 3 pitchers in our system who will become special major league pitchers. If they are legitimately in our top 6 prospects, I don't feel warm and fuzzy about the stock on the farm.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    I've lived too long to expect that we have 3 pitchers in our system who will become special major league pitchers. If they are legitimately in our top 6 prospects, I don't feel warm and fuzzy about the stock on the farm.
    I don't think that we are as loaded up as people think we are. Like everybody else, we have potential good ones.

Deity
    I don't think that we are as loaded up as people think we are. Like everybody else, we have potential good ones.
    Been doing a little research lately and Benintendi looks like close to a sure thing. The awards that he has recieved in addition to the numbers that he has put up tell quite a story. He could be very close to race ready. I see him moving very quickly through our system. There has also been some chatter about taking a look at Moncada at third base. Outfielder, second baseman, third baseman, I hope that they settle on one for him and give him a chance to master it. A star in the very near future. It is conceiveable that Devers gets moved as well. A potential first baseman or dh. I am anxious to see our top young talents play at whatever level they start this season in.

I read that Moncada is now looking much more like a NFL linebacker than a second baseman.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I read that Moncada is now looking much more like a NFL linebacker than a second baseman.
    it is just so impressive for me to read the actual scouting reports about Moncada, Benintedi, and Devers written by people who actually do the scouting and have seen these kids play. One thing that they all have in common is that they can hit. Lots of pop as well. Moncada has some obvious fielding issues that he will have to work out but I would hate to be the one trying to determine which of these two (Benintendi and Mocacada) is the better athlete. All honesty I am as excited to see these two play as I am most of the guys on the Red Sox roster.

it is just so impressive for me to read the actual scouting reports about Moncada, Benintedi, and Devers written by people who actually do the scouting and have seen these kids play. One thing that they all have in common is that they can hit. Lots of pop as well. Moncada has some obvious fielding issues that he will have to work out but I would hate to be the one trying to determine which of these two (Benintendi and Mocacada) is the better athlete. All honesty I am as excited to see these two play as I am most of the guys on the Red Sox roster.
    Will either of them be at the big league camp in March?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Will either of them be at the big league camp in March?

Don't think so. Not yet. Sam Travis will be there. I don't think any of the top 5 prospects (latest list) will be there. If they are as good as advertised, it won't be long for them though.

Don't think so. Not yet. Sam Travis will be there. I don't think any of the top 5 prospects (latest list) will be there. If they are as good as advertised, it won't be long for them though.
    I will keep an eye out for Sam Travis.

Deity
    I will keep an eye out for Sam Travis.
    That's right - you will be there. Everything says that he is the real deal - a pure hitting machine. He sounds like the kind of kid that no one has ever expected too much from but when they see him play, they just know that he is a player. Not real big- not a lot of power - not a lot of speed - pretty good first baseman and a great contact hitter. I bet that he turns out to be the type of player you will really enjoy watching. He has always had to work for his recognition but he has always produced.

Deity
    I'm ready for some real baseball and I don't care who our President of gm might be. Time for some real baseball and real baseball talk!