Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Prospect Mega Thread

Binintendi already 4-8 in his first two game, with a HR.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Binintendi already 4-8 in his first two game, with a HR.
    Let's hope so - he faced better opposition in the SEC (generally)

Margot is not having problem handling AA at age 20, hitting .293/.349/.448

Guess he is going to play in Fenway really soon.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Margot is not having problem handling AA at age 20, hitting .293/.349/.448

Guess he is going to play in Fenway really soon.
    Don't hold your breath- maybe maybe not. Hernandez is hitting .313 but i would be surprised if he ever sees Fenway Park.

Hernandez ? Who is that? Margot is a real top prospect.

Deity
    Who is Hernandez? A 22 year old ss from the Dominican. He is and has been the Seadog's best player all year. Margot and Hernandez both have as good a chance of being traded as they do of playing in Fenway.

I never heard of Hernandez. 22 year old while not old, isn't exactly lighting up AA. Bogaerts was playing for us in playoff at age 20. Margot is in the Bogaerts and Betts pool of talents.

Deity
    If you have never heard of Hernandez, then you don't follow them. What do you really know about Margot? he comes with a lot of hype. Hope that he can live up to it. Most don't. I'm not a big hernandez fan but anyone hitting over .300 in double A qualifies as lighting it up.

Legend
    What we know about Margot is that he is at AA already, which counts for quite a bit. Good approach, but power is limited, and ++ defensively. A lot of Jackie Bradley profile while being a better base stealer and 5 years younger. There is a very high floor there, even if the ceiling might be more "could be an All-star in his career" as opposed to a "future All-Star"

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    What we know about Margot is that he is at AA already, which counts for quite a bit. Good approach, but power is limited, and ++ defensively. A lot of Jackie Bradley profile while being a better base stealer and 5 years younger. There is a very high floor there, even if the ceiling might be more "could be an All-star in his career" as opposed to a "future All-Star"
    Very true. My point was and is that for every Margot that we have heard so much about there is a good chance that there is and will be someone else that comes along who will be every bit as good. Hernandez is an example of a potentially good major league ss who is having a very good year at the AA level. He is an All-Star and we have "fans" here who claim to know something about the Red Sox younger players but yet have literally never heard of this kid. Go figure. I'm not sure that I will live long enough to see either of these two in Red Sox uniforms.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Very true. My point was and is that for every Margot that we have heard so much about there is a good chance that there is and will be someone else that comes along who will be every bit as good. Hernandez is an example of a potentially good major league ss who is having a very good year at the AA level. He is an All-Star and we have "fans" here who claim to know something about the Red Sox younger players but yet have literally never heard of this kid. Go figure. I'm not sure that I will live long enough to see either of these two in Red Sox uniforms.
    It's possible - granted there are the issues with scouting the stat line and whatnot. But SS is a loaded area for Boston - somewhat by design. It's where your best athletes usually are, so the Sox make a habit of drafting them and then figuring it out. Hernandez might be good - and he might be good enough to be a trade piece.

People haven't heard of Hernandez because this is his first year in the system and he hadn't hit .300 since rookie ball in 2011.

This guy is a fringe prospect at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    People haven't heard of Hernandez because this is his first year in the system and he hadn't hit .300 since rookie ball in 2011.

This guy is a fringe prospect at best.
    And along with Margot you got two might be good enoughs someday.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    And along with Margot you got two might be good enoughs someday.
    Margot >>>> Hernandez, especially in terms of ceiling and trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Margot >>>> Hernandez, especially in terms of ceiling and trade value
    In terms of the hype and all of the build up i would agree with that. It still probably might depend on what you are looking for in a player and what your team needs are. Potential outfielder vs potential shortstop. Many of our prospects fall into a long line of "we think that they are going to be better than they ever become" category. I'd like to see Margot become what everybody thinks that he might. For now Margot < Hernandez if you want a ss. Hernandez < Margot if you want an outfielder. together with one other guy - Owens - Johnson - Barnes - Wright - they might bring us a player that could help us for quite some time.