Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Yankees Regular Season Thread

Eovaldi looked good tonight. His slider is a bit flat but on the whole, he is a horse. High 90s sinker and a splitter that looked untouchable for about 6 innings. The raw stuff is insane and tonight he did it against one of the best offenses in baseball
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    And Miller is imploding right now
    Send him back to Boston.

That's alright spud! He came in and threw 8 balls, all outside and well off the plate. He looked lost. Then he rebounded and dominated Iglesias

Btw, the ABs vs Betances were hilarious. Davis and Kinsler swung at breaking pitches in the dirt, but swung as if they didn't see the ball. They were straight guessing and got badly fooled. Our pen has some serious firepower

So Betances has straightened himself out?

You were worried about him late in camp.

Yes, I was. His FB isn't all the way back, but he's locating and his curve is back.

Tanaka is back baby. Dominated a good lineup today and our pen locked it down. First place tie, lol
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 04-23-2015 at 11:19 PM.

You know it ain't gonna last.
    We miss you Mike.

Don't know UN. If our pitching stays healthy, we're making the playoffs. 10% through and we have. Got another 90% to go

A tough series coming up vs the Mets. Their pitching even minus wheeler has been outstanding. Gotta see if Pineda can build on his recent performance and show some stuff from last yr

We pounded the shit out of DeGrom. Tex still has pop even though he'll never hit for average again. Pineda doesn't throw hard anymore, but he has great secondary stuff and impeccable command which gets him by. 10-7 and tied for first is more than I expected to this point.

We pounded the shit out of DeGrom. Tex still has pop even though he'll never hit for average again. Pineda doesn't throw hard anymore, but he has great secondary stuff and impeccable command which gets him by. 10-7 and tied for first is more than I expected to this point.
    If your pitching stays healthy you're in the race for the AL East Title no matter what my whistling past the graveyard colleagues on this board wish and hope for. In the meantime our pitching isn't worth shit at the moment and points to Cherington's stupidity is understanding that pitching wins, good solid pitching. You do not slug your way to a title---I know of no team that has ever done it this way, and is probably the reason Ben will be dumped as GM in a year or two and will wind up being Theo's Gofer again. If we fall down this year someone is going to have to fall on the sword and you can bet it won't be Lucchino.

Dear Lord Fred, it's not even the end of April, we're tied for first place, and you already started with this whiny shit? Jesus.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    If your pitching stays healthy you're in the race for the AL East Title no matter what my whistling past the graveyard colleagues on this board wish and hope for. In the meantime our pitching isn't worth shit at the moment and points to Cherington's stupidity is understanding that pitching wins, good solid pitching. You do not slug your way to a title---I know of no team that has ever done it this way, and is probably the reason Ben will be dumped as GM in a year or two and will wind up being Theo's Gofer again. If we fall down this year someone is going to have to fall on the sword and you can bet it won't be Lucchino.
    Fred, you are not supposed to be complaining this year. You predicted a first place finish for the Sox, and subsequently said you would, therefore, not complain. We all knew this division would be tight, and so far, that's proven to be the case. We have a long way to go. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

I expected your pitching to be good, provided they stay healthy, which they have so far. I am surprised that your offense if doing as well as they have so far. I didn't think they had it in them. It's early, but if the offense continues, I will have to admit that I was way off the mark on that one.