Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boston Bomber Guilty On All Counts -- Face Death Penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    If he is exposed to the general population in a Massachusetts prison he is much more likely to be killed.

Everyone here is out for blood.
    But he's also more likely to become the leader/member of an Islamic extremist faction and not only survive, but help further some terrorist agendas from inside.

Just kill his ass.
    We miss you Mike.

Killing him now shows him too much mercy imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

That's why I would prefer killing his whole damn family, making hm watch and then killing him slowly. That is retribution. That would send a signal to the world that we will meet their brutality in kind.

Edit:

It seems that his mother wants retribution on all Americans:

“[The US] WILL PAY FOR MY SONS AND THE SONS OF ISLAM, PERMANENTLY!!!” she fumed in Russian. “THE TEARS OF THEIR MOTHERS WILL BE FUEL FOR THEM IN HELL.

“MY SONS ARE INNOCENT, AS INNOCENT AS ALL THOSE WHO ARE BEING KILLED BY YOUR COUNTRY,” she added. “TODAY THEY ARE KILLING MUSLIMS, AND TOMORROW WILL COME YOUR TURN AND HE WHO DOUBTS THIS IS DEEPLY MISTAKEN!!!!!”

“HOW CAN A MOTHER FEEL WHOSE SON IS IN THE CLAWS OF A PREDATOR PREPARING TO TEAR HIM TO PIECES LIKE MEAT???”
    Last edited by a700hitter; 04-12-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Killing his family makes zero sense. They are assholes, but don't deserve death.

It sends a message. That is how other cultures suppress uprisings. Putting this little douchebag through the legal system and incarcerating him for life with three square meals a day and prayer time looks weak to these brutal savages. There is no deterrent effect.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

That's why I would prefer killing his whole damn family, making hm watch and then killing him slowly. That is retribution. That would send a signal to the world that we will meet their brutality in kind.
    And of course, here's why we disagree, because this is retarded.

Let the guilty pay for their crime. This isn't the feudal era.
    We miss you Mike.

Sure it is not the American way and it seems to be beneath us, but war is war. These are not just crimes, but acts of war. Read about what we did to our own citizens during the Civil War. Rights were supsended. Property was appropriated and destroyed. Everything that moved was killed or burned. These were our countrymen. In a time of war, all bets are off. If one of these pricks hides behind a woman or a child, well that is collateral damage. You don't win a war against brutal scum bags by being polite or under Marquess of Queensberry rules. Brutality must be met with brutality, or the enemy never gets defeated.

Sure it is not the American way and it seems to be beneath us, but war is war. These are not just crimes, but acts of war. Read about what we did to our own citizens during the Civil War. Rights were supsended. Property was appropriated and destroyed. Everything that moved was killed or burned. These were our countrymen. In a time of war, all bets are off. If one of these pricks hides behind a woman or a child, well that is collateral damage. You don't win a war against brutal scum bags by being polite or under Marquess of Queensberry rules. Brutality must be met with brutality, or the enemy never gets defeated.
    According to what someone told me, MacArthur, when he was Governor-General of the Philippines back in the 30's before WW II, there were Muslim uprisings on the island of Mindanao, one of the few islands in that future nation that was predominantly Muslim. Muslims supposedly cannot get to Heaven if they are not whole----Mac cut their hands and fingers off before executing them. I would like to see that happen. If that is true about Muslims it would be well worth it.

This guy is not a criminal. He is an enemy of the State that perpetrated an act of terrorism/war upon our citizenry. He was given a trial by jury, which is more than he deserved. His punishment should be brutal with an eye toward deterrence. Heck, the President has a kill list and has taken out quite a few of these scumbags with drone strikes and there surely has been collateral damage. They didn't get trials. What would be so shocking about killing this human piece of garbage in a brutal manner after he has been afforded the full privilege of a trial and a defense? How can one thing be okay, but the other one be over the line?

It's not ending him that's the point. It's the idea of killing his family that's bonkers.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    It's not ending him that's the point. It's the idea of killing his family that's bonkers.
    I think anything more than just a death penalty would serve to further inflame the whack job Islamists. Although they seem hellbent on destruction of the Infidels anyway.

There is no need for cognitive dissonance. Americans have been at war throughout their history, as has the entire human race. Rape and murder on a small scale happens with regularity - when this happens at a large scale, we have a name for that, too - genocide.

Brutality also breeds brutality so if you're going to go that route, being more brutal is a prerequisite. Unless everyone's exterminated, the enemy won't be defeated. The survivors will have long bitter memories of their weddings being bombed into mass funerals. Is that lamentable? I don't see anyone losing sleep over dead people they never knew. I also don't see this particular feud as having good guys and bad guys; both sides probably paint the other in reverse order to their antagonists. I see competing interests for finite resources getting more finite as times goes by.

As humans rampage their way through time, and this particular way of life slips away, before it goes, I'm only seeing half measures. If you're going to try to the impossible, why not go all out?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I think anything more than just a death penalty would serve to further inflame the whack job Islamists. Although they seem hellbent on destruction of the Infidels anyway.
    I am not even sure that the death penalty will have a chance. Killing his family has no chance. We wrap ourselves in this blanket of a civilized society and we expect that others will behave civily. Unfortunately, monsters don't behave that way and they will not be deterred by civility. This excrement gave up his rights in this civil society of laws and due process the minute that he and his evil brother decided to blow up ordinary citizens attending a community event. He also has no rights under the military code of justice as he is not a uniformed combatant. He deserves and should be afforded no rights of due process. When President. Lincoln was assassinated, several people were hung as accomplices in the conspiracy. There wasn't very solid evidence against some of them. The fact they associated with each other was enough to send them to their deaths. The measures were extreme butt in certain instances retribution must be taken.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 04-09-2015 at 05:43 PM.

This isn't a time of war, no matter what the news and politicians tell you...

The U.S. should cut off all involvement in the Middle East. Nothing good comes from it, might as well let them kill eachother.