Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    A major shout out to Stacy Lewis.

Before this week's LPGA event she announced she would donate her entire winnings from the tournament to the Harvey relief effort. Then she goes out and wins the tournament, her first win in several years, and she's donating $195,000.
    Her win got piggy backed by other contributors as well. Well over a million being raised. Good for her!

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    A major shout out to Stacy Lewis.

Before this week's LPGA event she announced she would donate her entire winnings from the tournament to the Harvey relief effort. Then she goes out and wins the tournament, her first win in several years, and she's donating $195,000.
    Bet she wishes she said half now. Kidding.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Golf needs to go with robot officials.
    What golf goes with is tv viewers calling up and ratting out players for penalties the officials missed. Beyond ludicrous.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Deity
    Well, here we go, is Tiger back or will his back not let him be back? Regardless of how anyone might feel about his lifestyle, a strong and healthy Tiger would be good for the game. grrrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Well, here we go, is Tiger back or will his back not let him be back? Regardless of how anyone might feel about his lifestyle, a strong and healthy Tiger would be good for the game. grrrrr...
    Agreed. I'm amped to watch this tournament.

Nice start for Tiger! And he is indeed hitting the ball a long way, keeping up with JT.

Deity
    Nice start for Tiger! And he is indeed hitting the ball a long way, keeping up with JT.
    Pretty solid two days for a guy who has been away for a long time. That 2 iron from 260 on day one was vintage Tiger. Only one other man I ever saw could do something like that - Jack! maybe his comeback is for real this time.

Pretty solid two days for a guy who has been away for a long time. That 2 iron from 260 on day one was vintage Tiger. Only one other man I ever saw could do something like that - Jack! maybe his comeback is for real this time.
    If his back fusion surgery holds up the comeback is real, I think. His swing looks great and his putting stroke looks great. His attitude also seems great.

I'd like to see Tiger win another major or two. It was kind of a bummer that he got stuck on 14.

Deity
    Obviously he is good for the game regardless of what anyone thinks about him personally. If he is back - really back- we will find out just how good this next generation is because they quite likely have never seen anyone play like this guy has played.

It's Masters week.

We just had an amazing weekend of golf, with Ian Poulter winning the Houston Open after a dramatic birdie putt on the 18th got him into a playoff with Beau Hossler. Poulter's win puts him in the Masters, among other good things.

The LPGA's first major of the season, the ANA Inspiration, also went to a playoff, after an incredible Sunday in which one player after another made a run at the lead with amazing shots and clutch putts. There were 3 in the playoff, which Pernilla Lindberg of Sweden won today on the 8th extra hole over Inbee Park, after Jennifer Song was eliminated yesterday.

My pick for this year's Masters is ol' Bubba himself, Bubba Watson. Bubba has won this thing twice already, and he's won twice already this year.

There are plenty of others who could win it, needless to say: Johnson, Thomas, Spieth, Woods, Mickelson, Fowler, and more.

I bet $25 on Bubba at 17 to 1 ($425) on 'Pro-line', my country's government-run on-line sports betting site. And we're legalizing marijuana soon too. What a great place to live!

Deity
    My pick for this year's Masters is ol' Bubba himself, Bubba Watson. Bubba has won this thing twice already, and he's won twice already this year.

There are plenty of others who could win it, needless to say: Johnson, Thomas, Spieth, Woods, Mickelson, Fowler, and more.

I bet $25 on Bubba at 17 to 1 ($425) on 'Pro-line', my country's government-run on-line sports betting site. And we're legalizing marijuana soon too. What a great place to live!
    I think that that is a great pick! He was my second choice. You probably can guess who I picked to win.

I think that that is a great pick! He was my second choice. You probably can guess who I picked to win.
    The Tiger?

I'm pulling for Tiger as well. Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I saw some of the highlights from the Swede vs. Korea.

That was pretty cool how they went back and forth and even played on an illuminated course. Competition in golf can be intense, regardless of sex.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."