Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: PawSox 2015

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    The line and the age have to matter too ... Guerra .818 OPS as a 19 year old SS, Devers .306/.336./449 as an 18 year old. What they are doing at ages when you don't expect guys to be in full-season leagues is very encouraging. Margot in Portland as a 20 year old even moreso.

They are young and they are showing great promise for sure. As the stakes get hire, and the players get better, we will have to see how they do. I really do wish that we had at least one very solid looking arm in the group of youngsters.

Johnson pitched to only 1 batter and walked him before he was removed in the first inning yesterday. What is the story behind that?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He got the 'flu" could mean he is coming up to Boston.

Deity
    Nice job for Owens last night. Buccholtz- Rodriguez-Johnson-Wright-Owens-

Deity
    Kelly pitched last night in Pawtucket. He could have helped us in the bullpen last night. We all know that ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Nice job for Owens last night. Buccholtz- Rodriguez-Johnson-Wright-Owens-
    They should bring these guys up immediately. This season is shot. Ben is delusional and doesn't think we need a top of the rotation starter bad enough to pay the price in a trade or free agency, so there will be no help on the way in that way. Standing pat is a recipe for losing and embarrassment. Bring up the kids. There is nothing to lose. The kids will gets much needed seasoning and some of them will prove themselves ready for the big leagues and others will prove that they need more time in the minors and some will show that they just don't have major league stuff. It is better to find it out in a lost season than to have 3 of these guys in the rotation in 2016 without getting them some meaningful experience in 2015. If we throw 3 rookies in the rotation in 2016, we might as well write off 2016 as a last place finish too. There is half Ia season to get these kids experience. They should use it. it isan opportunity for theFOthat they are probably to thick headed and stupid to use as they continue to expect Miley, Porcello and others to lead a pennant charge.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Here are some key stats for Owens from the last three months. Definitely seeing some improvement in the walks, which has been the biggest criticism he's been getting.

April 4.29 ERA, 7.5 BB/9, 1.43 WHIP
    May 2.47 ERA, 4.5 BB/9, 1.26 WHIP
    June 3.43 ERA, 2.5 BB/9, 0.96 WHIP

Deity
    Another strong outing for Owens. Most people thought that Rodriguez would not remain in the rotation but would be shipped back to Pawtucket. Didn't happen. I don't know what is going on with Johnson. Wright is going to get another shot and I don't think Owens will be far behind.

Deity
    On second thought, not that strong for Owens last night. Not good but not bad either.

Deity
    Brian Johnson selected for the IL All Star Team. Strange that nothing has been seen of him for awhile now.

Deity
    Johnson pitched well this afternoon. i would love to see any of the following 3 get a chance before giving the ball back to Joe Kelly. Johnson - Wright - Owens.

Deity
    Another very good outing by Owens last night. Now I get it - With Kelly getting hurt the other night it makes all the sense in the world to leave these guys (Johnson - Owens - Wright ) in Pawtucket. The Pawsox need the good arms more than the big club needs them.

Deity
    Allen Craig continues to hit in Pawtucket. First base for the big club has to be right around the corner.

What part of a .728 OPS makes you think he should be brought up? He's no different than Travis Shaw right now. I'd leave him in AAA and give him a shot next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    I want to be clear here - just my opinion once again- He has performed at the major league level well already. He is costing the club more money. He is a better player than Shaw will ever be. Ortiz does not want to play first base and shouldn't because there is a very good chance that he will get injured if he does. Hanley Ramirez won't be going there until next year at the earliest. It 's time to consider someone other than Napoli. Personally, I don't want to see Holt become an everyday first baseman. I think it is time to give Craig a shot. Oh yeah - I don't want to see Nava there.