Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PawSox 2015

Deity
    i agree that he did pitch 5 innings. We will just disagree from there. I also agree that a good knuckleballer can be very good or whatever on occasion. Sorry, I think that using him would be a wasted start. I do not believe that he has any intrinsic value with respect to this club moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    i agree that he did pitch 5 innings. We will just disagree from there. I also agree that a good knuckleballer can be very good or whatever on occasion. Sorry, I think that using him would be a wasted start. I do not believe that he has any intrinsic value with respect to this club moving forward.

Masterson has a 5.74 ERA. Buchholz 6.06, Porcello 6.63, Miley 10.57. Do you really think Steven Wright isn't going to be able to add value to this club? If Wakefield came out of retirement, he might as well be the #2 on this pitching staff.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Masterson has a 5.74 ERA. Buchholz 6.06, Porcello 6.63, Miley 10.57. Do you really think Steven Wright isn't going to be able to add value to this club? If Wakefield came out of retirement, he might as well be the #2 on this pitching staff.
    I do not think that Steven Wright will add any value. Bill Lee or Luis Tiant would be better options.

Deity
    johnson on the mound tonight. He might be able to help while Owens, Rodriguez, and Barnes mature.

Deity
    8-3 loss. Both Brentz and JBJ a couple of hits apiece. Steven Wright - not so much.

8-3 loss. Both Brentz and JBJ a couple of hits apiece. Steven Wright - not so much.
    Please cp1, can we just forget about Wright? Who in the Red Sox organization holds this guy in high esteem and keeps talking him up? Put a sock in that guy's mouth whoever he is. Wright is a dud. Yes, we need some pitching help from the farm but Wright is not the guy. That's my opinion, and Wright's performances seem to back that opinion up.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    That's my opinion, and Wright's performances seem to back that opinion up.

Wright has a 3.60 ERA in the majors, a 3.70 ERA in AAA, and a 3.51 ERA in AA. You don't like knuckleballers, many people don't, but we need to see him pitch in the majors for an extended period of time before making these kind of judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Wright has a 3.60 ERA in the majors, a 3.70 ERA in AAA, and a 3.51 ERA in AA. You don't like knuckleballers, many people don't, but we need to see him pitch in the majors for an extended period of time before making these kind of judgments.
    Can't we trade him to another organization?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Can't we trade him to another organization?
    The Red Sox have a long history of trading away cheap low ceiling pitchers. Steven Wright fits that mold, but I doubt other teams will be interested.

Deity
    Good win for the P-Sox. JBJ and Swihart continue to hit and B. Johnson continues to pitch well and I still like Tommy Layne. My guess is that Johnson will be up soon. He deserves a good look.

Good win for the P-Sox. JBJ and Swihart continue to hit and B. Johnson continues to pitch well and I still like Tommy Layne. My guess is that Johnson will be up soon. He deserves a good look.
    Johnson is pitching great. He was very impressive in Spring Training.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    JBJ today - Swihart is not far behind. A month maybe 2 but he is on his way.

Deity
    Wow - manny Delcarmen pitching for Syracuse

Deity
    Owens keeps sending the signal that he is not ready for the big show. JBJ a couple more hits. Have to give it to Steven Wright today. Pitching well through 5.

I am encouraged by what I have seen and read about Johnson, but concerned about Owens. I'd look to see if the Phillies have any interest in him.