Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PawSox 2015

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Wright has a 3.60 ERA in the majors, a 3.70 ERA in AAA, and a 3.51 ERA in AA. You don't like knuckleballers, many people don't, but we need to see him pitch in the majors for an extended period of time before making these kind of judgments.
    I am a big fan of any pitcher who can get people out on a regular basis. I do not care how they throw the ball. I really hope that Wright can prove me wrong. Sounds good anyway. 7 innings of shutout ball today with a bunch of K's to go with it. Come on Steven we need you.

Deity
    Rodriguez continues to pitch well and JBJ continues to hit.

E-Rod is hitting 99MPH, for a lefty, that is almost unheard of.

Can't wait for him to pitch in Fenway.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    E-Rod is hitting 99MPH, for a lefty, that is almost unheard of.

Can't wait for him to pitch in Fenway.
    He has been the one least talked about on the forum. He also is the one with the most potential going forward. He is young and he can throw. Should not be traded!

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    He has been the one least talked about on the forum. He also is the one with the most potential going forward. He is young and he can throw. Should not be traded!
    I keep reminding myself of these things when I see Miller pitching for the Yankees.

I hope he makes it soon. Like the end of this year for a peak and then maybe full time in 2016.

I like pitchers that can throw hard.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I keep reminding myself of these things when I see Miller pitching for the Yankees.

I hope he makes it soon. Like the end of this year for a peak and then maybe full time in 2016.

I like pitchers that can throw hard.
    I'm really with you on that. It's like size in basketball. Learning all of the ins and outs of pitching is necessary but normally I like that power arm all day long. If he stays healthy, I think that he is the one who can really help. Others could help as well but I don't see them being much different than what we already have there. Rodriguez is the one nobody is calling a potential middle of the rotation type.

Deity
    Henry Owens pitched well last night. Considering what we currently have and for what we might get in a trade I would not trade either Owens or Rodriguez.

Deity
    Another excellent outing for Steven Wright. Hope the Sox explore some of their other starting options sooner as opposed to too later.

Deity
    Rodriguez goes tonight. I really hope he pitches well. If he does, this one could give his future a little jump start.

Deity
    Not so hot for E-Rod last night but Johnson pitched well again today.

Deity
    Johnson goes tonight. i think that one of the three (Johnson, Rodriguez, Owens) gets the call as well - sooner as opposed to later. Each time they take the mound it is almost like an audition.

Deity
    As we speak, Johnson could be pitching his way to Fenway,

I am very anxious to see what Johnson can do.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

PawSox
    ‏@PawSox
    Outstanding outing for Brian Johnson - 6.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 8 SO - threw 96 pitches (69 strikes). #PawSox lead Columbus 4-1 middle 7th.

Wright will be on a snort leash.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."