Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PawSox 2015

PawSox 2015

The PawSox have their home opener tonight at McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket, while McCoy Stadium is still the home park. New ownership wants a stadium in downtown Providence with the state helping out.

http://www.providencejournal.com/art.../breaking_ajax

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by gojohn99 View Post
    The PawSox have their home opener tonight at McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket, while McCoy Stadium is still the home park. New ownership wants a stadium in downtown Providence with the state helping out.

http://www.providencejournal.com/art.../breaking_ajax
    Nice line on Wright tonight - NOT. Swihart a couple of hits so far.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Great comeback by the Pawsox. Brentz continued to tear it up. Swihart getting it going with 3 hits and that kid that people don't think can hit - Marrero- continued to hit.

Great comeback by the Pawsox. Brentz continued to tear it up. Swihart getting it going with 3 hits and that kid that people don't think can hit - Marrero- continued to hit.
    Marrero has the tools to be a good hitter, he just doesn't have that track record yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

We don't need any more knuckleballers. Wright sucks. When he does get the ball over he gets reamed. Keep him in Pawtucket because he is a Boston disaster waiting to happen if he is brought up. Remember who he surrendered the tying run TWICE against the Yankees and only a spectacular DP by Xander and Pedroia may have prevented another tie....or a loss.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    We don't need any more knuckleballers. Wright sucks. When he does get the ball over he gets reamed. Keep him in Pawtucket because he is a Boston disaster waiting to happen if he is brought up. Remember who he surrendered the tying run TWICE against the Yankees and only a spectacular DP by Xander and Pedroia may have prevented another tie....or a loss.
    Wright was fine. 5 innings saved the staff in the sort of game which could mess up an entire weekend. He is useful for letting Farrell manage the bullpen normally.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Wright was fine. 5 innings saved the staff in the sort of game which could mess up an entire weekend. He is useful for letting Farrell manage the bullpen normally.
    Ultimately Wright is not fine. If we are behind 10 to 0 after 4, i agree he is fine. Yard him out there and let him eat innings. Other than that, I don't think that he is fine. I don't like disagreeing with you simply because I normally don't. In this case though, sorry, we will have to see how it plays out.

Deity
    PSox all the way back and then some. Brentz another dinger. Swihart a couple more hits tonight. Pitching not so hot. Think it was Owens with the start.

Brentz may find his way to another club very soon.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Brentz may find his way to another club very soon.
    I'm with you. I hope he gets a chance with somebody. I'm curious as to what he can do. I don't see him getting that chance in Boston.

I'm with you. I hope he gets a chance with somebody. I'm curious as to what he can do. I don't see him getting that chance in Boston.
    He is no more than a long shot here with the log jam in the OF. But that kid can hit for power. If he can keep from playing with guns he may have a career.

Deity
    I didn't like the line on Owens and JBJ took the ofers- as in 0 for 5. I'm really pulling for him.

Right now we have Victorino in RF who is having trouble buying a hit. Apparently, the Red Sox do not hold Brentz in high esteem but if he continues to hit maybe he's worth a cup of coffee. Who knows? He might prove a revelation.

Deity
    17 hits so far today for the P-Sox. Swihart 4-5- he is starting to get it going. JBJ bouncing back with a couple. Looks like a solid start for E-Rodriguez. 6 innings and a couple of earned runs- 5 K's. kind of like how Coyle has been hitting. Also Brentz is still hitting. they will get some help from this roster when they need it I think.

Legend
    Ultimately Wright is not fine. If we are behind 10 to 0 after 4, i agree he is fine. Yard him out there and let him eat innings. Other than that, I don't think that he is fine. I don't like disagreeing with you simply because I normally don't. In this case though, sorry, we will have to see how it plays out.
    I don't have visions of him winning a Cy Young - or even a regular turn in a good rotation. But he had 5 innings in him in a bullpen where nobody else did. Over the marathon there is intrinsic value there ... granted I doubt we'll be piling up 19 inning games. And the thing with the knuckleballer is that if he has an emergency turn - there is at least a chance it can be very good.