Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: The Banning of SBF

  1. #1

    The Banning of SBF

    I am going to say this right now, and I'm making a new thread so no one can claim not to have seen this post:

    I do not want to spend the next three weeks reading posts about how GREAT it is that Fred is not here anymore. I know it's great, but Fred still has a couple buddies on this site and you all know damn well that being smug about his banning is just an excuse for you to rub it in. No snide remarks, no constant baiting, I do not want to hear ANYTHING about Ted or iortiz being harassed about this. Both of them are just as valued by me and this site as the rest of you, so leave it be. It's done, it's over, and we are going to move on.


  2. #2
    Okay. I'm still in tears from that comment. This last week, I've seen an unusual amount of teasing in school, and the last thing I wanted to see when I came on here was more of the same.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  3. #3
    Don't let it get to you, man. I got teased and bullied mercilessly in high school. I had basically no friends. But in the time after graduation, when I wasn't bogged down in the cliques and the pettiness and the shit that comes with being under 18 and subject to rules, I got away from all of that and became pretty cool (I mean, look at me now, I'm fucking awesome). You will too, and you have the added bonus of not being as unbearably nerdy as I am.


  4. #4
    I consider myself a big nerd, who just also happens to be athletic.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I consider myself a big nerd, who just also happens to be athletic.

    Oh please, can you even name a single episode of Star Trek?


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Oh please, can you even name a single episode of Star Trek?
    That is before my time, so no.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  7. #7
    I will miss Fred, but he definitely was at the center of a lot of arguments. Hopefully everyone else can get along.

  8. #8
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783
    I would have liked to have the opportunity to meet him in person. Wherever you are Fred, you are going to be fine, you are a tremendous red sox fan.

    Hopefully that the personal attacks and insults stop.
    Last edited by iortiz; 06-04-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That is before my time, so no.
    Start with the movies, then get into the series. I'm a TNG guy myself. Picard is the greatest.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  10. #10
    Fred acts much different on the phone. His rants mainly amused me. Unfortunately, he came unhinged the last few days and the taunting of him the last few days accelerated and worsened his rants. Also, it is unfortunate that the real cancer is still here and that will become evident in short order.

    @ Thunder, many of us were nerds in high school. High School sucks and it seems to last forever, but it doesn't. It will end and so will the bullying. The cool high school kids that I went to school with want to be me now. How is that for irony.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Fred acts much different on the phone. His rants mainly amused me. Unfortunately, he came unhinged the last few days and the taunting of him the last few days accelerated and worsened his rants. Also, it is unfortunate that the real cancer is still here and that will become evident in short order.

    @ Thunder, many of us were nerds in high school. High School sucks and it seems to last forever, but it doesn't. It will end and so will the bullying. The cool high school kids that I went to school with want to be me now. How is that for irony.
    I wouldn't even call it taunting on my part, just teasing him about being a one trick pony with his posts. I'm actually sorry he's been banned, even if the repetitiveness of his posts grated from time to time.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #12
    I don't know why so many posters on the site disliked high school lol. High school was amazing to me.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I don't know why so many posters on the site disliked high school lol. High school was amazing to me.
    High school didn't suck, it was just boring. I was a lot happier once I got out of my parents' house.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I don't know why so many posters on the site disliked high school lol. High school was amazing to me.
    So you were one of the cool kids?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    So you were one of the cool kids?
    I was well known, but I wouldn't consider myself a cool kid. Life was very simple in high school. Less responsibilities, partying, the women, etc. I actually kept a small circle of friends. Most people in high school were fake.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •