Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The last thing you ate that was really good......

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Didn't you just get back from Vegas??
    LOL You got me there.

We did eat at the MGM Grand buffet while there, which was awesome. There were too many choices to try everything, but my favorite things there were the pizza and the desserts.

A smoked turkey sandwich from a chain deli.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    LOL You got me there.

We did eat at the MGM Grand buffet while there, which was awesome. There were too many choices to try everything, but my favorite things there were the pizza and the desserts.
    I skip the pizza and deserts in Vegas......... and get prime rib over .......and over ........and over.......and over..... again
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I skip the pizza and deserts in Vegas......... and get prime rib over .......and over ........and over.......and over..... again
    I had some prime rib at the buffet, which was very good, but I'm not really a prime rib/steak type of person. I much prefer a good burger and fries over prime rib.

Speaking of burgers, my friends insisted I try In N Out Burger while we were in Vegas. It was good, but I don't see what all the rage is about.

Quesadilla.....

Two tortillas with cheese and shredded chicken .........

made a green chili sauce using some in season hatch green chilies with garlic, olive oil, and later added cumin and oregano.....

I have a straight up Navaho Indian person coming over Sunday and making dinner........... she goes ga ga for green chilies and this is the season......

I'm making Spanish rice and Indian fry bread......... and a couple different Hatch Green Chili sauces ......
    In our yellow submarine

Love Mexican food. Also love Greek, Italian and Chinese.

I love Mexican food too. Unfortunately, no one else in my family really cares for it, so I rarely get to eat it.

SoxHop, what time shall I be over for dinner on Sunday?

When my wife and I were first dating she was working at a Mexican restaurant and we ate there a few times. The food was great.

The only 'problem' was that we always drank several Margaritas with our meal. They were every bit as delicious as the food, and we would both be hammered by the time we left.

I'm getting closer to making an amazing breakfast taco.....

You get some amazing breakfast tacos here. The strange part of it is that they all kind of have the same ingredients............... but some places make them so much better than other places..............

So I've been trying to make a bad ass breakfast taco lately. I'm keeping it basic at first..........

I nailed it this morning............ best I've ever made..................

Used manchengo cheese. Heated up garlic and onions and tomato minced jalepeno and already cooked potato at first................. added the eggs.. and cooked....

add salt and LOTS of pepper..............

When the eggs are almost cooked.......... add some more chopped tomatoes and onions and a little cheese........

finish cooking....... pile on your heated tortilla........ add some more cheese.................

glorious...........

picking the right hot sauce and your golden.........
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'm getting closer to making an amazing breakfast taco.....

You get some amazing breakfast tacos here. The strange part of it is that they all kind of have the same ingredients............... but some places make them so much better than other places..............

So I've been trying to make a bad ass breakfast taco lately. I'm keeping it basic at first..........

I nailed it this morning............ best I've ever made..................

Used manchengo cheese. Heated up garlic and onions and tomato minced jalepeno and already cooked potato at first................. added the eggs.. and cooked....

add salt and LOTS of pepper..............

When the eggs are almost cooked.......... add some more chopped tomatoes and onions and a little cheese........

finish cooking....... pile on your heated tortilla........ add some more cheese.................

glorious...........

picking the right hot sauce and your golden.........
    Sounds awesome!
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

We had chicken cooked in the crock last night with onions and veggies, it was amazing.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Just finished spaghetti, meatballs, and breadsticks. If you hadn't deduced, I'm Italian.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just finished spaghetti, meatballs, and breadsticks. If you hadn't deduced, I'm Italian.
    I wouldn't have guessed, especially since every nationality eats spaghetti and meatballs, and also because spaghetti and meatballs as a dish is about as Italian as the Eiffel Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Am I the only one who had dirty thoughts when they read the thread title?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Am I the only one who had dirty thoughts when they read the thread title?
    I would say you almost certainly were not.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.