Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Hello, again

Single A

Smile Hello, again

Hi, I introduced myself here before, but it's been a few years, so I'll do it again. My name is Rune, from Oslo, Norway. Need some advice because I'm going to Boston with my gilfriend in september. Apart from Fenway, what places is worth seeing? Are there any places we should avoid? We will probably use airb&b some place not too far from Fenway, because we will try to see as many games as possible. We Are staying in Boston for about 10 days hopefully. Any advices will be appreciated. Thanks.

If the Sox are not playing at home for any of the days you will be here, then you can take a tour of Fenway Park. It's worth doing. Other than that I recommend you take one of the Duck Tours. Check online because you may have to reserve in advance. Otherwise they may be sold out. Boston is a walking city with lots of historic architecture and places. Walk up (or down) Mount Vernon Street on Beacon Hill. Check out the Boston Common and across the street the Boston Public Garden. There are a couple of old churches and cemeteries worth seeing. Other choices are: Bunker Hill monument, U.S. Constitution also called Old Ironsides (Worth visiting but it may be closed for renovations). Paul Revere House, The Statehouse, and of course Fanueil Hall. There are lots of boating excursions around Boston Harbor and to the harbor islands. If you want an excursion beyond Boston, take the ferry to Salem (nice boat ride, interesting tourist town) or drive to Plymouth to see a replica of the Mayflower. They also have Plymouth Rock which is nothing but a rock. Don't bother. One of our favorite places to visit, about an hour and half drive from Boston is Newport Rhode Island. Look it up on the internet and see if it interests you. If you like museums Boston has a world class art museum, science museum and aquarium. There are also museums at various colleges like Harvard and Tufts. Harvard Square is interesting with lots of restaurants and so is the north End which has numerous Italian restaurants, although when it comes to eating there are plenty of great restaurants all over the place. If it is early September and the weather is still warm there are plenty of beaches. Good luck.

WTF.

Banhammer time.

Single A
    Many thanks Godataway. I will check out these things. Especially the Duck Tours and Newport Rhode Island sounds really interesting. We like walking a lot, so Boston must be the right place for us. Museums and anything that has history is usually interesting. It's late september, and we'll be staying in the Cambridge area. Plenty of time for the Fenway Park tour and doing other things than watching baseball, Harvard, restaurants (sea food), I am sure we won't be bored.