Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Yankees have clinched a 2015 Wild Card Spot!

The Yankees have clinched a 2015 Wild Card Spot!

How many people had the Yanks in the playoffs on this site aside from me? Hmmmmmm? It is somewhat miraculous that a team who loses its best hitter with 6 weeks to play and has seen its former ace crumble into a 5th starter can somehow turn out enough wins to enter the post season. We just have to take that wild card game and we'll be the team nobody wants to play. We have the potential to have elite front end pitching and all games will be 5 innings with our pen. We just need to hit enough to win. Should be fun!
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    How many people had the Yanks in the playoffs on this site aside from me? Hmmmmmm? It is somewhat miraculous that a team who loses its best hitter with 6 weeks to play and has seen its former ace crumble into a 5th starter can somehow turn out enough wins to enter the post season. We just have to take that wild card game and we'll be the team nobody wants to play. We have the potential to have elite front end pitching and all games will be 5 innings with our pen. We just need to hit enough to win. Should be fun!
    you can thank the Red Sox for shitting up baseball fields for the first 4 1/2 months of the season. If not for the ridiculously embarrassing circus act put on by the Red Sox, your team would be watching the playoffs from their couches. They are not that good. That being said, if they get by the Wild Card game, the Championship is up for grabs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Hope these assholes get crushed in the wild card game.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

My one concern would be facing Keuchel in a one gamer

Congratulations Jacko. Wild Card game in Da Bronx should be fun viewing. No need to tell you who I'll be hoping for of course.

Meh. I was one who did not think that the Yankees would make it because of their suspect rotation of unhealthy arms.

The Yankees got huge production from Purple lips which I did not foresee. Unfortunately as things stand now the only really good bat remaining in the lineup is Beltran and he can't run.

This is a mediocre team that should not win any championship. But Like a700 said, if they get past the wild card, anything can happen.

If by some chance they get to the WS and have to face the Cards I will have to root for the Yankees because I hate Cards fans more than I hate Yankee fans.

So the Yankees need to be booted soon.

Asterix.

And Pal, why is that? You've had 2 big cheats on your team for 2 of your wins. Do they get a * too?

Screw who was using whatever then. It had little to do with anything.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    No one had them in, and you don't count. You have them in every year, no matter how bad they look on paper to start the season. The Yankees made it in by virtue of playing way over their heads for the first 2/3rds of the season combined with the Red Sox, Orioles, Tigers, and one or two other teams playing far worse than expected. The Yankees making it into the Wild Card game in the last week of the season had little to do with good planning or execution on behalf of ownership and management. I wouldn't get too invested in the postseason this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Burn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    You are too vague.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    A repeat of 2004 ALCS Game 7 is too much to hope for, I suppose.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    A repeat of 2004 ALCS Game 7 is too much to hope for, I suppose.
    No it's not.

Maybe they did play over their heads. That being said, they outlasted a bunch of teams expected to be a lot better and clinched a PO spot. That's all you need to do. Get in and see if you can win.