Register now to remove this ad

Thread: CC checks into rehab

CC checks into rehab

Seriously, now? Really? Can they rehab his fastball too?
    Hal sucks

LOL! You must be joking. He checks in for rehab the day before the Wild card game.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Good for him. Hope he can get past his addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

The timing is a little odd, but he has to do what he has to do. His health and his family come first. I'm sure he would have liked to get through the season, but I'm thinking something pretty bad probably happened that gave him the wake up call that he needed.

Regardless of the timing and the reasons for his decision, good for him. I wish him the best of luck.

My guess is he partied a little too hard after clinching and something occurred that is under wraps.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The timing is a little odd, but he has to do what he has to do. His health and his family come first. I'm sure he would have liked to get through the season, but I'm thinking something pretty bad probably happened that gave him the wake up call that he needed.

Regardless of the timing and the reasons for his decision, good for him. I wish him the best of luck.
    He was in a verbal altercation with patrons at a nightclub about a month ago. I'll bet something else comes out explaining this timing.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Good for him. Hope he can get past his addiction.

I agree. Addiction to anything is a much more serious problem than any baseball game.

I hope that he can get better.

And fuck the Yankees.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I also hope he gets the help he needs. Not only because I know what struggling with a serious drinking problem is like, but also because I would love for him to get better and go back to dragging the Yankees pitching staff down like a squishy anchor.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I figured he'd be at a Captain Crunch rehab facility before an alcohol one, but either way I wish him well and a full recovery. There are things bigger than baseball.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion View Post
    I figured he'd be at a Captain Crunch rehab facility before an alcohol one, but either way I wish him well and a full recovery. There are things bigger than baseball.
    Like CC Sabathia.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.