Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Off Season Thread

And Sanchez punctuated the deal today by hitting his 7th HR and stealing his 4th base of the fall. He isn't a speedster by any means, but he isn't ploddingly slow like Montero was. This is all in 17 games btw. .306/.338/.667, I'll take it
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    And we don't lose a thing. Gary Sanchez is going to get the Posada treatment. This kid is the goods and is in the process of winning the MVP of the AFL right now. We basically dumped our backup catcher and made room for a better backup catcher, all the while getting a guy who is on the upswing. Hicks is either a good 4th outfielder or a guy who has the potential to be more depending on how his left handed swing takes to the Yankees park. He destroys lefties, btw, and is a switch hitter. Plus, he plays excellent D at all 3 OF slots and has a cannon
    Didn't Bird win it last year too?

DBacks are asking about Miller. They've got some interesting young SP. I doubt we end up trading Miller though.
    Last edited by Meh; 11-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.

I don't want any of the shit the DBacks have. We need an ace or at least an innings eating #2. We have plenty of young, high upside arms who are either unproven or haven't been able to stay healthy for the full season. Warren, Tanaka, Severino, Pineda, Mitchell, Eovaldi. They're all young and all have lights out stuff. Only Warren stayed in the bigs all year and didn't get hurt. Severino is likely to be on an IP limit. Eovaldi ended the yr with elbow pain. Tanaka has a tear in his elbow and missed time with a "forearm strain". Pineda had some back issues and also fell apart down the stretch. We need a reliable, 200+IP starter who is at least a 2, and preferably an ace. We have enough upside and our rotation runs 7 deep

Hicks is coming with some baggage, and probably part of the reason why the Twins traded him.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Hicks is coming with some baggage, and probably part of the reason why the Twins traded him.
    New York isn't exactly the place for a guy who has a rep for being disinterested in baseball. Might be addition by subtraction for the Twins.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    New York isn't exactly the place for a guy who has a rep for being disinterested in baseball. Might be addition by subtraction for the Twins.
    I really don't know anything about Hicks, other than what I've read about him the past couple of days. However, I always find it surprising when a young player is "disinterested". It was the same way when I read that Middlebrooks said he "lost the fire". If you're a young kid with a good chance of making your life long dream of being a major league star come true, how in the heck do you become disinterested?

That said, sometimes a change of scenery does wonders.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It's said Torri Hunter really helped him out this year, grow as a person. I'm not expecting him to be a super star, but he made good progress last year and I'm interested to see how he does this year.

All I am asking is a 4th OFer who continues to mash lefties

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    It's said Torri Hunter really helped him out this year, grow as a person. I'm not expecting him to be a super star, but he made good progress last year and I'm interested to see how he does this year.
    Yeah, I read that about Hunter. It's possible that Hicks has matured and/or that the change to a new team will be great for his attitude. Honestly, I think it's a trade that sounds good for both teams.

All-Star
    I'm all for Refsnyder getting the shot at 2B, but I wonder what Profar would cost from us? After getting Didi last year, it makes sense for Cashman to check in on him which he did about a week ago. What do you think he'd cost?

Pro far would cost an obscene amount. He hasn't suffered from the fizzles, he just couldn't stay healthy

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Pro far would cost an obscene amount. He hasn't suffered from the fizzles, he just couldn't stay healthy
    obscene? he's not craig kimbrel dude.

No, but he is still a top prospect under 25 capable of manning the most difficult position on the field
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Indians would make a great trade partnet, imo. I'd love to add Bauer and Kaminsky for Gardner or Salazar for him. I doubt Carrasco would be traded and if he was the price would be too much.

Meh, we have plenty of young guys with high ceilings and questions. If we're going to trade for someone, I hope it's a more established consistent pitcher.