Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Request for all of you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

A Request for all of you

I have a small favor to ask of anyone who is willing to help. I will preface this request with this acknowledgement: I know everything that follows is lame, you don't need to remind me. Anyways...

I have a lot of free time. I'm still trying to find a permanent job, I don't have any friends, and I have very little spending money. Obviously, this means the bulk of the aforementioned free time is spent online. The last few years I have been playing a lot of trivia quizzes, and the amount of these quizzes I have played has gone up over the last six months or so.

On the site that I play these quizzes, there are badges. Basically, they're little emblems included in your profile that you get for specific achievements. For example, there is one for playing a certain number of Star Wars-related games, one for playing a certain number of NFL-related games, et cetera. There are 285 in all. I have slightly over 220, which is very good. Most of the ones that I have yet to get are time-consuming, but that's easy enough to deal with. (Several of them require you to play a thousand games in a specific category). However, several of the badges are related to site-socialization.

Normally, I wouldn't care about any of that, I don't have any particular interest in making friends with people. The badges, though...I am hooked. I'm in the top 5 percent of users for number of badges and now that I'm on a roll, I'd like to add it to my list of accomplishments. (Which will then be at one).

Basically, what I need is help from the rest of you to get a couple of these badges. Specifically, two of them. One requires you to have referred 15 people to the site. This only takes about four minutes of your time. You just have to create an account with a valid E-Mail address, activate the account, add my username to the profile on that account in the "who referred you" section, and then go to my profile and click "follow". My brother did it last night, and it took him less than four minutes. You don't have to do anything else. You never have to log in to the site again if you don't want to.

The second badge requires actual effort, so I'll hold off on that until I see if anyone is willing to help me out with the first one.

The reason I am asking, by the way, is because I don't want to just register 15 accounts from my one IP address in case the administrators of this site frown on that sort of thing. So if I can't get 14 people from here, I would also appreciate if you guys could reach out to friends from places other than TalkSox, and perhaps ask them to help me out with a couple minutes of their time. Thanks!

Information:

The site is called Sporcle.com, my username is EzrianBashirax
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Done and Done

Thanks so much VA! I must have refreshed my profile page at Sporcle at the same moment, because your name appeared at the same time! I was going to come here and ask who it was, but then I saw the location and I figured it had to be you. Thanks! One step closer to TOTAL BADGE DOMINATION
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Thanks so much VA! I must have refreshed my profile page at Sporcle at the same moment, because your name appeared at the same time! I was going to come here and ask who it was, but then I saw the location and I figured it had to be you. Thanks! One step closer to TOTAL BADGE DOMINATION
    You are welcome my young bro!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Major Leaguer
    What a bastard of a site. It tempted me with a quick game, list ten body parts with three letters, got stuck on 8 and now I'm fuming. Damn you YOTN!
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.

I'm telling you, it's addicting. You decide to quickly play "Top Ten HR Hitters by Franchise" and three hours later you're on your 50th MLB Quiz and your stomach is growling.

I'm at 260/288 but there's no way in hell I'm doing the recruiting or the quiz creation badges.

Edit: Because of the badges I know I'm not going to get, I haven't played much in the last 6 months, but I still check every Tuesday to see what's new. I'm frequently on the forums regarding recommendations for new features to improve the site.

Edit: I just checked and apparently we are "friends" and have similar challenge records. I'm checking to see if we've faced one another. Judging by our different interests, I'm not sure what quizzes we'd have both been strong and willing to compete at. I also hope that they don't find it suspicious that I was referred by you despite the fact that I made my account 2+ years before you.
    Last edited by italstallianion; 10-20-2015 at 08:17 PM.

How can we be friends? I only accepted three random friend requests and the odds of one of them being you is low. And no, one of the challengers can't be you, I've only played 9 user challenges, 99.999999 percent of mine were against the computer.

I'll be competing with you in badges by this time next year. Most of the ones I have left are ones that I just have to wait for Holidays for. Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Earth Day, et cetera. Plus month-specific quizzes.

Wow I just checked, assuming you are jbskeets, we really are already friends on the site. What the fuck are the odds of that?! Holy crap. And yeah, since you play Sporcle, maybe you can help me out with user challenge badges, most of my user challenges go unanswered.

EDIT: As far as categories for challenges, I do mostly Science and Geography, but I play a fair amount of TV, Movie, Literature, and Sports quizzes. Mostly MLB for sports, obviously. I will destroy you at geography. I have my time for "Countries of the World" down to about 10 minutes for all 197.
    Last edited by Youk Of The Nation; 10-20-2015 at 08:45 PM.

How can we be friends? I only accepted three random friend requests and the odds of one of them being you is low. And no, one of the challengers can't be you, I've only played 9 user challenges, 99.999999 percent of mine were against the computer.

I'll be competing with you in badges by this time next year. Most of the ones I have left are ones that I just have to wait for Holidays for. Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Earth Day, et cetera. Plus month-specific quizzes.

I'm sure you'll pass me one day. I've long since lost my passion for Sporcle. I'm slowly working towards a few of the 1,000 quiz topic badges and the 25,000 quiz overall badge. The other badges could disappear for all I care. Anyway I checked your username and we are connected. We have not done any challenges against each other though. I also send out friend requests based on people who are on the leaderboards for most challenges won and/or attempted (so I'd get plenty of challenges in my mailbox so I can win the challenge vs. other users related badges) And since you are on a few of the leaderboards now, that is plausible.

If you need another hint, we were connected on May 19th 2015.

In fact, it appears that you posted on the Sporcle forum about "Unplayed Random Quizzes" and I commented on it. (Prior to having any idea who you are) Small world, eh?

Wow I just checked, assuming you are jbskeets, we really are already friends on the site. What the fuck are the odds of that?! Holy crap. And yeah, since you play Sporcle, maybe you can help me out with user challenge badges, most of my user challenges go unanswered.

EDIT: As far as categories for challenges, I do mostly Science and Geography, but I play a fair amount of TV, Movie, Literature, and Sports quizzes. Mostly MLB for sports, obviously. I will destroy you at geography. I have my time for "Countries of the World" down to about 10 minutes for all 197.

Geography is one of my fav subjects. In my heyday I could compete with you (not saying I'd beat you). I was probably better at the flags of the world than the countries (because the map was hard to read so I'd miss a country like Poland but remember San Marino) If there's any benefit to being autistic, it's having no life, being good with numbers, and having a great memory.

Send me some challenges! I really want the "Win 10 challenges against other users in one day" badge.

Send me some challenges! I really want the "Win 10 challenges against other users in one day" badge.

The best way to do that is go to the leaderboards, add the people who've attempted the most challenges in the past 30 days, as well as the ones with the most wins, and then wait for your inbox to fill with challenges. I've had as many as 450 unplayed challenges sitting in my inbox. Then you just look through your challenges and pick ones with scores you can win.

Or I can send you easy challenges. I don't really care about my W/L record anymore. And if I did I could just go through my challenges again.

Well, thanks, but I kind of feel like getting the badge that way wouldn't be as fun. Just send me one or two real challenges and I'll try your way on top of it.

I'm going to decline the "gimme" challenges you sent, if you don't mind. Like I said, I'd rather win the challenges by skill than by default. I took your advice and followed the top 15 challengers on the leaderboard, hopefully that leads somewhere.

EDIT: STOP SENDING THEM AHHHHH