Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all!

Single A

Hi all!

I did join the forum in 2013 but I am starting to use it now hehe.

I'm Andrew from London love the red sox's since 1999!

london ontario or london UK?
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Single A
    London UK

Welcome
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Welcome Andrew.

I have a very good friend who lives in Palmers Green. I spent two weeks there in January 2013.

I like London. Too bad the English Language is butchered there!!!

Cheers, mate.

Hi Andrew. Welcome!

Hi Andrew - fellow UK Sox fan here. you can tell by the late night bags under my eyes!

i've had a thing for US sports since i was a kid- I used to listen to Baseball/NFL on american Forces radio when I was a kid, but interest really took off when you could start to see games live on TV. I got into them because pre 2004 they reminded me a lot of Everton and I felt an affinity with them as a result.

Have you managed to get over and see them yet? I've been a few times - amazing place. I was lucky enough to see a Big papa walk off homer at one game - man that was great.
    Last edited by English Red Sox; 11-29-2015 at 03:08 AM.

All-Star
    Fellow UK guy too.

Only got into baseball 3 years ago. Watched the first game of the 2013 season to see if i would enjoy it, haven't stopped watching yet. Absolutely hooked now.

Barely and hour goes by when I'm not googling Red Sox trade news these days ha!

Absolutely LOVE reading the opinions on here as it's good education. Apart from when fred was arguing with the entire board for about 18 months.

Cool. Who knew the Sox were so popular in the UK?

Or is it that there are only 3 Red Sox fans in the UK, and they all managed to find this site to post on?

All-Star
    I don't know anyone else who even likes baseball, never mind the Sox, so that may the case ha!

I gravitated to them through my love of Liverpool. When I wanted to start getting into the sport that seemed the logical place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    I don't know anyone else who even likes baseball, never mind the Sox, so that may the case ha!

I gravitated to them through my love of Liverpool. When I wanted to start getting into the sport that seemed the logical place to start.
    You definitley picked the best team to become a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Cool. Who knew the Sox were so popular in the UK?

Or is it that there are only 3 Red Sox fans in the UK, and they all managed to find this site to post on?
    When Henry and the Fenway group purchased a Premier League "Football Team" a small group of Brits happened upon Talksox. Several have remained which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    You definitley picked the best team to become a fan of.
    True statement!!!!!

However Kimmi, I am sad to report that when traveling in Europe I consistently see more Yankee hats than Sox hats by a wide margin. In fact I have seen almost as many Yankee hats ( the black / black ones are most popular ) as Ferrari hats.

It's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    True statement!!!!!

However Kimmi, I am sad to report that when traveling in Europe I consistently see more Yankee hats than Sox hats by a wide margin. In fact I have seen almost as many Yankee hats ( the black / black ones are most popular ) as Ferrari hats.

It's awful.

I think a lot of them wear it as a fashion New York city thing rather than support for the Yankees. The worst thing about being a Brit fan is that you constantly have to answer two questions - Isn't it just like rounders and why's it called the World series when only american teams take part. I have some stock answers but the rounders one takes a while!