Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Star Trek vs Star Wars

  1. #1

    Star Trek vs Star Wars

    Star Trek (original series) and even TNG is so far superior to Star Wars. Star Wars pretends to weighty themes but the storytelling is lightweight and childish.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    My sixth grade class wrote to NBC (I believe it was NBC) and requested that Star Trek not be cancelled.

    Star Trek all the way baby.

    Warf is my standard of manhood.

  3. #3
    I'm fairly certain we all know where I stand on this issue.

    Also, Spud, it's "Worf" and objectively, he's a pretty terrible person. I would suggest that a better standard for manhood would be Picard. A perfect balance of tough and sensitive, willing and able to fight when necessary but not prone to violence or temper. Intelligent, civilized, educated, accomplished and revered without arrogance. Sisko is also much the same, with the added benefit of being a superb military leader and a loving, respectable parent. They both have their flaws, of course, but those are nothing compared to Worf.
    Last edited by Youk Of The Nation; 12-19-2015 at 08:08 PM.


  4. #4
    Star Wars for me!! All the way, no doubt!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    Star Wars for me!! All the way, no doubt!!
    You're playing a dangerous game.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Star Trek (original series) and even TNG is so far superior to Star Wars. Star Wars pretends to weighty themes but the storytelling is lightweight and childish.
    Star Wars is definitely aimed more at kids, and leans a lot harder on megabucks special effects.

    Personally I'm a 2001: A Space Odyssey/Alien guy.

  7. #7
    TNG is fantastic (including the TNG movies). Everything else from Star Trek is underwhelming.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    TNG is fantastic (including the TNG movies). Everything else from Star Trek is underwhelming.
    If you were around in the '60s you might feel different about this. Star Trek was cool then. It was very new and appealing to all that were fascinated by the idea of space and science fiction. A Huge upgrade to Lost In Space.

    Although I wanted to pork Penny when I was a kid.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    TNG is fantastic (including the TNG movies). Everything else from Star Trek is underwhelming.
    In terms of character development, plot, and acting, Deep Space Nine is measurably superior to any of the other Trek series, in my opinion. Though TNG is not far behind it. As far as the TNG movies, First Contact was the only excellent one. Generations was enjoyable but (to use your word) underwhelming, and a very poorly executed on-screen end to one of Starfleet's finest captains. Insurrection was a TNG episode stretched out too long into a movie, and Nemesis was total and absolute garbage. It was the Star Trek V of the TNG films.


  10. #10
    They both fucking suck, IMHO. And I'm willing to engage in unarmed combat against anyone who doesn't like the fact that I speak the truth.
    We miss you Mike.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    They both fucking suck, IMHO. And I'm willing to engage in unarmed combat against anyone who doesn't like the fact that I speak the truth.
    This would pretty much make you the seabeachfred of family sci-fi entertainment.

    And forget about the unarmed combat. I'm a peaceful old guy with a family.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    They both fucking suck, IMHO. And I'm willing to engage in unarmed combat against anyone who doesn't like the fact that I speak the truth.
    Was coming in here to say the same thing.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    This would pretty much make you the seabeachfred of family sci-fi entertainment.

    And forget about the unarmed combat. I'm a peaceful old guy with a family.
    It' YOTN I'm aiming for. You're like, one of my favorite people here, so why would I punch you?
    We miss you Mike.

  14. #14
    UN just hasn't seen either. He's confusing them with Estrella Perro shown on Univision.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  15. #15
    That doesn't even play on Univision! Also, they both suck in either English or Spanish. The one saving grace for Star Trek is Picard, and even so.
    We miss you Mike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •