Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees get Aroldis Chapman

Yankees get Aroldis Chapman

No word yet officially on the return, but Rookie Davis is thought to be headed to Cincy
    Hal sucks

Davis has ace stuff but his performance has sucked until last yr. Jagielo has light tower power, but has been hurt and is a diabetic. Cotham was a DfA candidate and Renda is a JAG. Jagielo was also blocked by Bird as he's not built to be a 3b long term

Rookie
    Betances/Miller/Chapman. That's just ridiculous.

All-Star
    Loved Jagielo's power hate to see that leave, but he was expendable. Wasn't a Rookie Davis fan at all. Cotham is an alright arm, but he's blocked 13 times over. Surprised we didn't give up Gamel or Heathcott, with so many outfielders in the mix. Chapman basically replaces Jagielos since we spent a first rounder on him and will get one back in next year's draft when Chapman signs elsewhere. Dellin and Miller mixing in the 8th, and Chapman closing it out is flithy. That's an all star game backend of the bullpen.

If we don't deal Miller, our 7-9 will be downright unbeatable. We have a good bridge if we don't use them either. This pen is going to be insane

The average age of players the Reds got in return is 25, most of them don't appear to stick at this level more than a bench warmer at best.

Jagielo has real power and is the highest upside guy in the deal

And he needs 138 days of experience to hit FA after the season. If he gets suspended over the abuse issue, we might get him for a second yr

It's still selling extremely low to the point of giving him away. They should held onto him, by next summer if he performs, nobody will remember his off the field baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    And he needs 138 days of experience to hit FA after the season. If he gets suspended over the abuse issue, we might get him for a second yr
    Oh I hope he gets 138 days, because the players union will for everything it could to make it happen. BTW isn't K-Rod, Reyes, Puig all facing domestic abuse charges/allege? They could all be out the first few weeks if MLB finally laid the hammer.

The union gave Manfred all the power when it comes to abuse. If he goes NFL on them, then Chapman might be out a couple months. There are 182 days between opening day and last regular season game. He needs 138. A 50 day suspension gives us an extra year

The Yankees now have the top 3 strikeout pitchers in baseball in their pen. Betances, Miller, Chapman. Jesus Christmas, that's awesome. Add in Shreve, Mitchell, Pinder, Pazos, Lindgren and a cadre of other dominant AAA relievers and we have a pen that looks to be unstoppable. This makes the deals involving Warren and Wilson more acceptable
    Hal sucks

The Yankees probably have the best bullpen in baseball now. With the Red Sox not too far behind. Going to be some long games played between those two.
    Last edited by NativeBostonian; 12-28-2015 at 07:26 PM.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    The Yankees probably have the best bullpen in baseball now. With the Red Sox not too far behind. Going to be some long games played between those two.
    Not trying to start a flame internet war or anything but the Yankees bullpen is now the best bullpen in baseball by far. Second is the Royals (Davis, Herrera, Soria, and Hochevar) toss in Tim Collins too.

I'd try to keep Mitchell in the starting rotation in Triple-A. Chapman, Miller, Betances, Pazos/Lindren/Shreve, Pinder/Goody/Rumbelow/Campos, and a long man or Nova. I'd convert Vincente Campos full time to the bullpen. I think he could be so dominant at that role and give us a potential power 8th inning arm.

I'd try to get Joe Ross from the Nationals. They are looking for an outfiedler. Cashman's moves always come in pairs. 37 men on the 40 man roster as of right now.
    Last edited by Meh; 12-28-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Yankees pitching staff as a whole just swung in our favor by a tick. Ace spot is in the sox favor, but I'll take our 2-5. Closers are a wash, but I'll take our 7-8 even though smith is highly underrated. We have two dominant lefties in our pen