Register now to remove this ad

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Prospects Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Of course he is.

Just look at how stupid he looks compared to when he had the Moss flowing. Now maybe he grew up in the Barrio. I have no idea and really don't care enough to look it up. But that kid was brought up white. Just listen to him talk or sing! His cornrows smell of boredom and cultural appropriation. Any way you slice it, Arroyo is not from Africa.

I am so glad that I derailed this thread by mentioning Willy Mo. I am God.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

other names i have posted under: none

All-Star
    Who knew this would become such a lively thread.

other names i have posted under: none

I believe that is missing a purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I believe that is missing a purse.
    They photo-shopped it out of this picture, so ARod wouldn't be embarrassed while on his farewell tour.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The best thing to do now is to drop talk of what could or should have been with regard to Espinoza. It's a done deal. Pom Pom is here now. Hopefully he develops into a decent mid-rotation starter.

Also, speculation about a current prospect is just that. Moncada is from most reports an exceptional talent. One with about 1 year of pro ball in this country. As with many of the Cuban imports, it is safe to assume that he needs to work on some things to become ready for a diet of MLB ball. When he is ready for prime time the Sox will make the move.

Benintendi has had major league skills since Arkansas. He reinforced this idea by being consistent in his approach at all levels. The Sox had a need for his skills and he was called up.

I see no reason to get into cat fights over any of these matters. It serves little purpose other than to bore us.

Are you responsible for all of this? You are the best! End of fucking story. My new hero. I saw what you were able to do.

Can I just ask why Mauricio Dubon is not getting more attention on the prospect sites? He's currently hitting like a champ in Portland at only age 21, and apparently he's a good fielding SS too. Where's the love?

http://www.soxprospects.com/stats/ba...?player=643289

I know the power isn't necessarily there, but this is a shortstop. Power is a luxury at short, not a necessity, and power is the only thing this guy seems to be lacking. And he's shown strides in his gap to gap power.

This kid has a real potential at his position. And nobody is even talking about him. Perhaps because he's blocked by Bogaerts? Either way that should change.
    Last edited by Dojji; 08-21-2016 at 07:42 AM.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Because even Soxprospects have said his recent numbers have come out from nowhere. It's not like he was mashing when the midseason lists came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

It's also nice to see Kopech, Johnson and Owens doing well of late.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Can I just ask why Mauricio Dubon is not getting more attention on the prospect sites? He's currently hitting like a champ in Portland at only age 21, and apparently he's a good fielding SS too. Where's the love?

http://www.soxprospects.com/stats/ba...?player=643289

I know the power isn't necessarily there, but this is a shortstop. Power is a luxury at short, not a necessity, and power is the only thing this guy seems to be lacking. And he's shown strides in his gap to gap power.

This kid has a real potential at his position. And nobody is even talking about him. Perhaps because he's blocked by Bogaerts? Either way that should change.
    I am with you on this one. Mauricio Dubon is having a great season. His current numbers put him at the head of the class for Portland. He is also very smooth in the field. He very well might have a great career.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's also nice to see Kopech, Johnson and Owens doing well of late.
    Scratch Owens from this list.

The walks are killing me!

Groome is pitching today.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bellhorn04 View Post
    groome is pitching today.
    2 ip, 0 r, 1 h, 0 bb, 3 k

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Groome is pitching today.
    Where?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."