Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 231 of 231

Thread: Official Talksox Fantasy Baseball 2016

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Hi my friend, I'm in this year!
    Great! As of now, it looks like we have 8 confirmed teams down from the 12 that we had last year. TalkSox members are welcome to join. Statheads/StatGeeks are woefully under-represented in this league, which is all about stats and nothing about intangibles. If you are already in the league, please spread the word as it was a fun and competitive league last year with 12 teams. Let's try to get 4 new teams into the league.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  2. #227
    I don't remember who expressed interest. Sorry.

    Hope the league is more active this year!
    Mike, you are gone but never forgotten.

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Great! As of now, it looks like we have 8 confirmed teams down from the 12 that we had last year. TalkSox members are welcome to join. Statheads/StatGeeks are woefully under-represented in this league, which is all about stats and nothing about intangibles. If you are already in the league, please spread the word as it was a fun and competitive league last year with 12 teams. Let's try to get 4 new teams into the league.
    As much as I'm an advocate for stats, I realize that they're not the only way to succeed in the fantasy sports setting. This coming from 2015's runner-up, 2016's champ, and a two time defending fantasy football champ. So, until you win the title, not having stat heads can't be deemed a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    If our new MLB comissioner goes big government and forces all ballparks to get rid of their quirks, we should replace the center field triangle with a cave for Buchholz to live in, and he comes out of it whenever it's time for him to pitch.

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I don't remember who expressed interest. Sorry.

    Hope the league is more active this year!
    If you weren't always drinking when you are posting, you might remember.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  5. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    If you weren't always drinking when you are posting, you might remember.
    Gotta dump that work flask!
    Mike, you are gone but never forgotten.

  6. #231
    I have not sent invitations to the 3 most inactive teams from last year, and one other team has dropped out. We are at 8 teams, and Southpaw777 has been invited as he expressed an interest in joining. If he joins and we get one more new owner, the league will have 10 teams. That is a good size. I would rather have the league have 10 active teams than 12 teams with some inactive owners. We need one more brave TalkSox soul to step up to the plate.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •