Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 238 of 238

Thread: Official Talksox Fantasy Baseball 2016

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Hi my friend, I'm in this year!
    Great! As of now, it looks like we have 8 confirmed teams down from the 12 that we had last year. TalkSox members are welcome to join. Statheads/StatGeeks are woefully under-represented in this league, which is all about stats and nothing about intangibles. If you are already in the league, please spread the word as it was a fun and competitive league last year with 12 teams. Let's try to get 4 new teams into the league.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  2. #227
    I don't remember who expressed interest. Sorry.

    Hope the league is more active this year!
    Got a head cold, got a chest cold and it's three days old goin' on forever
    Make you hazy, make you lazy, drive you crazy
    For days and days and days and days and days and years
    The government flu
    The government flu
    The government flew through you

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Great! As of now, it looks like we have 8 confirmed teams down from the 12 that we had last year. TalkSox members are welcome to join. Statheads/StatGeeks are woefully under-represented in this league, which is all about stats and nothing about intangibles. If you are already in the league, please spread the word as it was a fun and competitive league last year with 12 teams. Let's try to get 4 new teams into the league.
    As much as I'm an advocate for stats, I realize that they're not the only way to succeed in the fantasy sports setting. This coming from 2015's runner-up, 2016's champ, and a two time defending fantasy football champ. So, until you win the title, not having stat heads can't be deemed a problem.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    If our new MLB comissioner goes big government and forces all ballparks to get rid of their quirks, we should replace the center field triangle with a cave for Buchholz to live in, and he comes out of it whenever it's time for him to pitch.

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I don't remember who expressed interest. Sorry.

    Hope the league is more active this year!
    If you weren't always drinking when you are posting, you might remember.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  5. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    If you weren't always drinking when you are posting, you might remember.
    Gotta dump that work flask!
    Got a head cold, got a chest cold and it's three days old goin' on forever
    Make you hazy, make you lazy, drive you crazy
    For days and days and days and days and days and years
    The government flu
    The government flu
    The government flew through you

  6. #231
    I have not sent invitations to the 3 most inactive teams from last year, and one other team has dropped out. We are at 8 teams, and Southpaw777 has been invited as he expressed an interest in joining. If he joins and we get one more new owner, the league will have 10 teams. That is a good size. I would rather have the league have 10 active teams than 12 teams with some inactive owners. We need one more brave TalkSox soul to step up to the plate.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  7. #232
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,418
    Hi Ted, I just made the transfer via PayPal of my cover. Let me know if you receive it in your PayPal account. Regards compadre!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Hi Ted, I just made the transfer via PayPal of my cover. Let me know if you receive it in your PayPal account. Regards compadre!
    Hi Israel, by mistake, you sent only $10. The fee is $20.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  9. #234
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hi Israel, by mistake, you sent only $10. The fee is $20.
    My bad Ted, I already transfered other 10 bucks, let me know if you receive it. Saludos compadre!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  10. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    My bad Ted, I already transfered other 10 bucks, let me know if you receive it. Saludos compadre!
    Got it. Thank you! Will you be getting to Fenway this season?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  11. #236
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Got it. Thank you! Will you be getting to Fenway this season?
    I'm planning to go to the NYY & Cubs series, btw are u selling tickets this year, and for these series?

    I bet you are in Fort Myers having a good time, aren't you?
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  12. #237
    Let me know when the payment deadline is. I'm getting kind of busy, so I'll need a couple days of lead time to send you a check.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    If our new MLB comissioner goes big government and forces all ballparks to get rid of their quirks, we should replace the center field triangle with a cave for Buchholz to live in, and he comes out of it whenever it's time for him to pitch.

  13. #238
    MVP, I received your dues. Thank you.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •