Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mike Grace has died RIP Redsoxfan forlife305

Single A
    A700 changed the Talk Sox Fantasy League to " Mike Grace Memorial League ".

Quote Originally Posted by SFOC View Post
    A700 changed the Talk Sox Fantasy League to " Mike Grace Memorial League ".
    Very nice a700.

I haven't been around but I just noticed that the fantasy league changed its name to Mike Grace and I said please God hopefully this is not RSFL. I didn't have the opportunity to meet him in person but he seemed a very cool young man. He always made me feel very welcome at TS. This is really shocking. Descansa en paz Mike!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

One of Mike's friends made this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DztD-_DnuRo
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Great video. Appreciate the efforts of those who put it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Wow, I was reminded of this board by today's spring training game being on TV, and figured I'd stop in since I have not since last season... and I'm shocked to see this. I've been going on message boards for 15 years now and interacted with many people on them and he has to be one of the nicest, smartest guys I've come across. He obviously seemed like someone you would want to have as your friend in real life. Game threads won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego View Post
    Wow, I was reminded of this board by today's spring training game being on TV, and figured I'd stop in since I have not since last season... and I'm shocked to see this. I've been going on message boards for 15 years now and interacted with many people on them and he has to be one of the nicest, smartest guys I've come across. He obviously seemed like someone you would want to have as your friend in real life. Game threads won't be the same.
    Good observation. Mike was certainly all that.

And welcome back brah.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Good observation. Mike was certainly all that.

And welcome back brah.
    Thanks, it's good to be back and watching games.

Hope you're well, and everyone else too

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego View Post
    Thanks, it's good to be back and watching games.

Hope you're well, and everyone else too
    Hi BBEF, It's really good see you around. I still remember that you and Mike were very nice with me when I joined here. I still can't believe that this happened.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Major Leaguer
    Not been on for a while and just noticed this. I am absolutely shocked and stunned by this. He was such a lovely young man with a great attitude and sense of humour. My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Peace and love from Liverpool

x
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.