Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aroldis Chapman suspended 30 games, is a dirtbag

Oh my. All that fancy education manifests itself.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

LOL, so because he was acquitted means he didn't do it? And she egged him on? Isn't that what Ray Rice's wife said? That is weak ass shit right there.

In Chapman's case, the only "evidence" is the 8 slugs in the wall of the garage, which didn't break the law. He never even get charged let alone go to trial, as there isn't enough evidence to prosecute. IMO, he's guilty as hell. As was Lugo, Cordero and the like. This shit doesn't come out of nowhere. That being said, the law says he can play, he is going to toe the rubber after 30 games and when he's in the game, do you think I'm rooting against him?
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    LOL, so because he was acquitted means he didn't do it? And she egged him on? Isn't that what Ray Rice's wife said? That is weak ass shit right there.

In Chapman's case, the only "evidence" is the 8 slugs in the wall of the garage, which didn't break the law. He never even get charged let alone go to trial, as there isn't enough evidence to prosecute. IMO, he's guilty as hell. As was Lugo, Cordero and the like. This shit doesn't come out of nowhere. That being said, the law says he can play, he is going to toe the rubber after 30 games and when he's in the game, do you think I'm rooting against him?
    Absolutely not, you have terrible reading comprehension. The only thing I'm saying is that they're not only different situations, but one organization used a domestic violence issue to acquire a player with a checkered history for a discounted price when said player shot a handgun near his spouse and in an inhabited area. You are trying to compare that to a guy who spent four years after his alleged problem, and whose issue had no smoking gun (pun intended). We can't be sure he hit his wife, and you're right this stuff does not come out of nowhere, but considering the history of both organizations with wife-beaters with their current FO's, (Knoblauch is just one example) glass houses and all that.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It must not be illegal because Chapman admitted to doing this, yet he wasn't charged with any crime.

Discharging the firearm does seem to be a big reason why he received a 30 day suspension.
    Not necessarily as to the first part.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What exactly are you trying to say about this? Do you have any actual knowledge that pertains to the legality or illegality of Chapman shooting a registered firearm in his garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    What exactly are you trying to say about this? Do you have any actual knowledge that pertains to the legality or illegality of Chapman shooting a registered firearm in his garage?
    It falls into the umbrella of unlawful discharge in Florida,it's a first degree misdemeanor but that's not necessarily punished with jail time.

Let me note that in Chapman's case, similar to Julio Lugo's case, it's possible (and plausible) that his spouse did not specifically tell prosecutors he hit her, but rather threatened (still a serious offense) during an altercation. I just don't get the need to discharge a firearm in an occupied area. That's fucking terrifying.
    We miss you Mike.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Wow, 30 days for domestic violence. Imagine if he had used drugs, then he'd really be in trouble. Luckily, it was just something silly.

Seriously though, what kind of message does it send to your female fans when your organization suspends someone for 50 games for using PEDs and a whole season for using them twice, but only 30 days for assaulting their wife/girlfriend? Ray Rice beat a woman into unconsciousness, on video, and he got off with less of a punishment than most guys get for smoking pot or getting a DUI.
    What kind of message does it say when a team trades for one with that hanging over him. Not exactly gunning for the "females who didn't date Derek Jeter" vote there. Between that and their ticketing hijinks, Yankees really doing their fans a solid.

Not necessarily, but I think it depends on where Chapman lives.

Regardless, the police did not find enough evidence to charge him with anything, not even gun charges. Do I think he's guilty of some form of domestic abuse? Absolutely. I'm just saying that it's kind of difficult for Manfred to pin a domestic violence rap on Chapman when the police couldn't find enough evidence to do so.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I think if it wasn't Aroldis Chapman, and instead was me or Ted or someone not on an MLB roster, they would have found enough evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

BTW, I don't doubt for one minute that Lugo hit his wife. I also don't doubt for one minute that Chapman hit his girlfriend. That being said, Cashman jumped on an opportunity to upgrade his team without having to give up anything of real value. I cannot fault him there. And if Chapman's addition to this squad puts us in WS contention, then it's worth it. He isn't meant to support the moral high ground. He is supposed to build the best team he can under the Yankees' specific circumstances. That pen will be something out of science fiction if healthy and incredibly deep if injury strikes. Doesn't mean I am jumping out of my seat to buy a Chapman jersey, but I certainly hope he pitches incredibly well for us. Once he leaves in the offseason, I hope he dies in a fire
    Hal sucks

You're being gross, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    You're being gross, dude.
    When isn't he gross? He went to school with the specific purpose of being gross and seeing gross stuff.

Which reminds me of a story!!!

As some of you know, my Dad was PhD Cell Biologist.

He spent much of his professional life teaching medical students so he could support his research in Insulin synthesis and regulation.

Back in the early '60s, he was teaching at the U. Louisville Medical School. During a lab ( no pun intended ) a student called him over to his bench where he was opening up a dog cadaver. He said "Dr. Rieser, my dog he shit on me."

Now that was gross. And funny.

Carry on.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

By
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I think if it wasn't Aroldis Chapman, and instead was me or Ted or someone not on an MLB roster, they would have found enough evidence.
    Yep, unless you live on a very large parcel of land in a very rural area, intentionally discharging a firearm within (usually 200 yards) of another residence is a criminal offense. Guns are legal in Florida and carry licenses are easy to obtain, but you can't discharge your weapons in your home in a residential neighborhood. This is pretty standard as it is extremely dangerous.

I know a guy who about 20 years ago took his kid into his yard and set up a target in his garage and had his kid take target practice with a high powered rifle. Bullets were ending up all over the neighborhood in people's homes etc. He got arrested and it made the local broadcast news. I remember it well, because the kid was in my son's Scout troop. Yankee $ made this go away. You or me get charged and convicted. We might not get jail time, but we would get charged and convicted unless we had connections.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I see the grossest of the gross gentlemen, I'm an ER doc, lol. I don't have patience for men who beat on women or children. I hate them all. While they toe the rubber and wear a Yankee uniform, I will begrudgingly root for them to do well from a team perspective. Once they take off the uni, I hope they fall into a wood chipper feet first. That's the beginning and the end of things. Yes, it is hypocritical and yes, I put my fandom ahead of some things. Unfortunately, this guy is allowed to walk free, but the fact that he is allows the Yankees to take advantage
    Hal sucks