Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aroldis Chapman suspended 30 games, is a dirtbag

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The one thing I usually do when my wife and I argue is choke her then empty a clip in my basement wall. I don't know about you, but that is a really good stress reliever.

Meh, this isn't a petty squabble or even a lovers quarrel. This was a guy with violence and anger who couldn't direct it appropriately
    Sometimes, a nugget of brilliance spouts from Jacko that gives us all a false sense of security that he's not just an average Yankees fan. This is one of those times. He'll be back in Yankee fan mode soon, and I'll be ready.
    We miss you Mike.

How fucking terrifying would it be to have someone choke the everliving shit out of you and then here them start shooting off rounds in a nearby room.

Fuck that guy. Personally, I can't root for people like that. Sometimes there are more important things to root for than just laundry.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Sometimes, a nugget of brilliance spouts from Jacko that gives us all a false sense of security that he's not just an average Yankees fan. This is one of those times. He'll be back in Yankee fan mode soon, and I'll be ready.

It's spooky, isn't it? Like hearing Osama Bin Laden admonish a kid for kicking a puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I know this is a terrible thing to say, but this entire discussion is really making me miss Ami more than usual. Does that make me a bad person? (Or is it just all of the other stuff about me that makes me a bad person?)

And Kimmi, domestic violence is not limited to intimate partners, it is used as a term for violence against basically any family member living, and in some cases visiting, in the same house and over 18 (under 18 is child abuse). If you beat your 20-year-old kid who lives with you, thats domestic violence in most states. Some places it doesn't even have to be at your home, it just has to be someone who's related to you. I asked my mother, who is a police officer as I've mentioned before, and she said, in essence, "it's a clusterfuck". Every state is different. In some places, the charges could vary simply from town to town, based on how that department chooses to enforce or view things.

However, none of that is the point. The point is, firing a handgun while yelling at your wife/girlfriend is far beyond domestic violence, it's something that you usually read about happening months or years before a murder-suicide. Or just a murder. People who do things like that do not just stop, they escalate. I hope that doesn't happen , because if Chapmans wife or girlfriend ends up in the hospital in two or three or ten years with a gunshot wound or a caved-in face, It's going to be the most depressing "I told you so" since I warned my friend in high school not to date my ex-girlfriend.
    Fair enough on the domestic violence definition.

I agree completely with your point about the seriousness of domestic violence. I believe that Chapman has some serious issues, and I sincerely hope that we don't hear about his gf being injured by him in the future.

All that said, I also strongly believe in the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I meant it more as a slightly off-color joke about violence, but you have a point.

I think what we can all take away from this discussion is that with each day, there comes an entirely new reason to hate the goddamn New York Yankees.
    Truer words were never spoken.