Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Yankees Season thread

66 pitches and counting in the bottom of the 1st

Pineda's command is awful tonight. Gonna be a softball score
    Hal sucks

Fuck you Pineda
    Hal sucks

So Pineda was maddening tonight. He snapped off some absolutely nasty sliders, mixed in with hangers that got banged hard. Velocity was a bit down, sitting around 91, but again it is cold and early. I didn't see his change or cutter at all. He couldn't command his fastball like he usually does and missed a lot in the zone. He was sloppy as hell today.
    Hal sucks

Starlin Castro has started out on fire.
    Hal sucks

2 more hits today. One off the wall, another over it. He's really locked in. He and Didi look good as the 8-9. But ARod looks old and slow

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    2 more hits today. One off the wall, another over it. He's really locked in. He and Didi look good as the 8-9. But ARod looks old and slow
    No, Bob Newhart looks old and slow. A-Rod looks like someone deflated a Dwayne Johnson blow-up doll and replaced all of the air with pudding and concrete.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I still have a gut feeling that A-Roid will have another good year.

Of course, it could just be the Indian food I had for dinner.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

You know, I post that, then he rips two singles on fastballs, the last one off Giles at 98mph. That being said, it looks like he has to cheat a bit on the heat, as he's missing too many cockshot fastballs earlier in counts

Pleased to this point with the start. Both losses vs aces with Zimmerman silencing us and Keuchel settling down after allowing a couple runs. The funny thing is, an umpire error cost us the Keuchel game. Regardless, we have won with some timely hitting and dominant pen work. Considering only 3 guys are over .250, our bats haven't yet erupted. And on the staff, CC has the only quality start. Tanaka has had some atypical wildness, but has been able to get the big outs when needed. CC had a good performance in Detroit and if it wasn't for Girardi trying to see him go into the 7th, he'd have looked even better. Pineda was in the zone far too much and saw the ball fly out of the park on a chilly game. Eovaldi had the same issue. Severino fell apart after Ellsbury played an out into an EBH. Overall, maybe we have been lucky, maybe we are showing well, I don't know. The rotation needs to give more than 5 innings and multiple runs. The lineup needs to get going aside from our 6, 8 and 9. The pen cannot sustain a sub 1ERA. But to this point, I'm happy
    Hal sucks

3 losses in a row now with an offense that cannot seem to hit with runners on and a rotation keen on giving up the long ball

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    3 losses in a row now with an offense that cannot seem to hit with runners on and a rotation keen on giving up the long ball
    I like it much better when the sky is falling in Yankeeland than in Red Sox Nation.

Yeah, the sky isn't falling, but the offense really goes into droughts more than a good offense should. They went 0-24 with RISP between Friday and Saturday

Yesterday, we still sucked on the offensive end, not being able to score runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs in two separate situations. But Tanaka looked really good and had some nice velocity topping out in the mid 90s on his seldom used 4 seamer. He allowed 1 unearned run and had another cheapie in the first with the 3 weak grounders causing a run. Betances and Miller struck out all 6 guys they faced. And the scary part is that on May 9th, we add maybe the most dominant arm of all in Chapman. That pen is going to limit all games to 6IP.
    Hal sucks

Betances' K/9 right now is 22.5. Sick

Bad news bears level today
    Hal sucks