Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/05 - Red Sox @ Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I just love this. Of course I am one of those rare people who does not like NYC.
    NYC is great! They have wonderful pizza, Little Italy and uh, well they also have ummmm. It's wonderful really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Can't wait. Win the opener please!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    NYC is great! They have wonderful pizza, Little Italy and uh, well they also have ummmm. It's wonderful really.
    I do agree that the Pizza ( at least in the Hamptons ) is some of the best I've had.

But I can also say that THE BEST pizza that I have had was in St. Petersburg, Russia.

So what the fuck could I possibly know?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I do agree that the Pizza ( at least in the Hamptons ) is some of the best I've had.

But I can also say that THE BEST pizza that I have had was in St. Petersburg, Russia.

So what the fuck could I possibly know?
    If I'm being honest, the best pizza I ever had was in Brooklyn and it's not even close.

NYC is too big and busy for me. After they closed CBGB's, there was less and less of a reason for me to go there. If I didn't have friends that lived in Park Slope (ugh, just no) I wouldn't have been to NYC in the past 10 years.
    I get MV Pee.

If I'm being honest, the best pizza I ever had was in Brooklyn and it's not even close.

NYC is too big and busy for me. After they closed CBGB's, there was less and less of a reason for me to go there. If I didn't have friends that lived in Park Slope (ugh, just no) I wouldn't have been to NYC in the past 10 years.
    My good ex-wife was from Brooklyn, although she spent he late teens in East Hampton. She told me that "New York" had the best pizza. Of course I did not want to believe this. But now I concede that she was probably right. The best pizza I had was in a small pizza shop across the street from a slot car raceway I used to go to in Southampton.

I never made it to CBGBs but wish I had.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Major Leaguer
    Update here in Cleveland - It's snowing. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407
    some of cant drink and some wont. i cant drink and wont usually designated driver. plus if you are in the FBI you cant drink period.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter
    I withdraw my challenge to all of our members who work for the FBI.

What was your favorite pizza place in Brooklyn?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What was your favorite pizza place in Brooklyn?
    J&V in Bensonurst

For square slices (i.e. Sicilian, grandma), I have to say that there's a place in RI that's better than L&B Spumoni Gardens or other Brooklyn joints (everyone in RI just wishes they were from Brooklyn though).
    I get MV Pee.

J&V in Bensonurst

For square slices (i.e. Sicilian, grandma), I have to say that there's a place in RI that's better than L&B Spumoni Gardens or other Brooklyn joints (everyone in RI just wishes they were from Brooklyn though).
    It would be hard to find bad pizza in Bensonhurst.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Go Sox! It's my annual sick day.

It would be hard to find bad pizza in Bensonhurst.
    I've had bad pizza in the North End. I never had bad pizza in Brooklyn.
    I get MV Pee.

Can't believe we're only a hours away from potentially seeing this again:

http://deadspin.com/pablo-sandoval-g...ses-1732129918
    I get MV Pee.

I've had bad pizza in the North End. I never had bad pizza in Brooklyn.
    I have not sampled fare in the North End in quite a while.

However, for the most part, what I have sampled has been over rated. Particularly the pastry.

I know of Italian everything that I can source in other places and be happier. Just sayin'.

Postponed due to... wait for it... cold. Only baseball. "We can't play, it's too cold!". I can only imagine what George Carlin would have said!

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    Postponed due to... wait for it... cold. Only baseball. "We can't play, it's too cold!". I can only imagine what George Carlin would have said!
    What a joke, I was looking forward to watching the game today.