Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

You guys have been awesome! Thanks for the warm welcome. More are on their way.

I started a thread at the BDC trying to get people here. Many are coming over I saw but I logged off accidently for some stupid reason, went to log back on to tell them how great this place is so far and the stupid BDC wont let me log back on!!!!! That place is junk now.......

I was a long time lurker/spot start poster on BDC, am excited to check this site out. GO SOX

Hey King!!! and all other BDC alumni howve ya been? I, as well as a few others, got locked out of BDC forums. They contacted us with a long letter stating that they were closing the forums down may 31st, so I stopped posting there over a month ago I think.. I started coming here about a week or so ago and so far have nothing but great things to say about those Ive interacted with.
    Im headed back to NH for a while so Ill be here on and off for the next couple weeks. looking forward to talking to everyone again.

Good to hear my friend! Glad all is going well!

Welcome to talk sox, amigo.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm new here. I was on the Globe site after moving from Maine to Mexico City in 2004. I needed my Sox fix. I've lived in Sugar Land, Texas for the last 9 years and still need my daily "fix", so here I am. I look forward to some deep Sox discussions. I'm a poster who likes to support my opinions with facts and data, so bear with me, if numbers are not your thing. I will say, I'm not all about data. I played the wonderful game of baseball for over 2 decades before switching to softball as I aged. I realize winning baseball is often related to intangibles that no data can reveal.
    I'm a huge Sox fan. I used to live in Milwaukee and became a big Tommy Harper fan. My family moved to Maine when I was 12 years old. Soon afterwards Tommy Harper was traded to the Red Sox, and I switched to being a Sox fan. It hasn't been easy. Decades of frustration were followed by the extreme joy of 2004 and the championships that followed, however I moved to Mexico City in late 2004. I quickly found myself missing the water cooler Sox talk, so I joined the Boston Globe Sox Forum. Four years later, my wife, daughter and I moved to Sugar Land, Texas. After over 50,000 posts on that site, I was saddened to hear they were shutting down. So, here I am. I'm looking forward to some spirited debates and more championships to celebrate together.
    Good to hear that someone who lived in Mexico City is joining to talksox. Bienvenido, Sr.
    Last edited by iortiz; 04-24-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Welcome to all of our new members! I hope you enjoy posting here. If you have any questions (for example "why is everyone here insane?", "what do the several dozen inside jokes people keep referring to mean?", or "do the Yankees really, truly suck?"), feel free to PM me.

For the record, the answers are: "Because we're Red Sox fans", "Read the old threads, you lazy jerk", and "Um, obviously."
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I got married in Coyocan to a lovely Mexican woman. We lived in Taxquena before moving to Texas in 2008.

Forum Rules:

1. If the Sox win, the same person who made the last Game Thread MUST make the new on. If the Sox lose, anyone can make the next thread.

2. Learn to love the ignore user feature.

3. Admit Star Trek > Star Wars.
    Last edited by mvp 78; 04-25-2016 at 07:35 AM.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Strek > swars, but there's a spectrum. Old Swars > Chris Pine Strek. TNG >>>>>>>>>>>>> prequels.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Some of the other BDC posters I hope make it over here: JoeBrady, Spaceman, notin, Flapjack.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Forum Rules:

1. If the Sox win, the sane person who made the last Game Thread MUST make the new on. If the Sox lose, anyone can make the next thread.

2. Learn to love the ignore user feature.

If that were the rule, we would have no game threads.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Hello all! King thanks for starting this thread over here.
    to all existing members of this forum - thanks for the warm welcome.

i have been posting on BDC forum since 2006 under this same username. it is sad that site is closing after a decade of posting with members over there that have become more like family than anonymous posters. Hopefully most (all!) will migrate over to here and we can see our family grow.
    Once BDC finally shuts down (end of May) i will be a daily participant to this site.

I will be transferring my season long EE vs RS cernterfielder Slasher Tracker to this site at some point in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Hopefully most (all!) will migrate over to here and we can see our family grow.
    Once BDC finally shuts down (end of May) i will be a daily participant to this site.
    There are a few BDC posters who left here for BDC because they were banned. I doubt they will be allowed back.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    4. Don't try to start Star Trek-related arguments with mods just to be a jerk. You'll always lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.