Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    There are a few BDC posters who left here for BDC because they were banned. I doubt they will be allowed back.
    as this is my first day posting here i have zero knowledge for what caused them to be banned from this site. our love for the Boston Red Sox can cause "passionate" debates at times. i leave it up to you, the long time talksox posters, and the Moderators to decide whether a BDC shutdown "2nd chance" can be granted to any formally banned members.

Question - how do i add automatic signature to my posts?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    There are a few BDC posters who left here for BDC because they were banned. I doubt they will be allowed back.
    I have no idea who any of our banned users who joined this other forum are, and I doubt they'll try to rejoin under their original names or anything like them. For my own edification, can anyone tell me who they are? I need to be able to look out for IP addresses and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    as this is my first day posting here i have zero knowledge for what caused them to be banned from this site. our love for the Boston Red Sox can cause "passionate" debates at times. i leave it up to you, the long time talksox posters, and the Moderators to decide whether a BDC shutdown "2nd chance" can be granted to any formally banned members.

We are not as ban-happy as some other forums. We have a lot of arguments and insulting going on here, but it never quite crosses the line and the people who do it generally otherwise contribute to the board, so we tend to be a little less likely to drop the hammer. It takes a lot to get yourself kicked out of here, so anyone who was already banned is not likely to be allowed back.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I have no idea who any of our banned users who joined this other forum are, and I doubt they'll try to rejoin under their original names or anything like them. For my own edification, can anyone tell me who they are? I need to be able to look out for IP addresses and such.
    Fred, Pumpsie and probably a few others.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

We are not as ban-happy as some other forums. We have a lot of arguments and insulting going on here, but it never quite crosses the line and the people who do it generally otherwise contribute to the board, so we tend to be a little less likely to drop the hammer. It takes a lot to get yourself kicked out of here, so anyone who was already banned is not likely to be allowed back.
    You definitely give us a long leash. It's appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I've always realized that people are people, and they're going to argue and occasionally get pissed at each other. Ted and UN? do, but they both contribute valuable baseball discussion to the board. So do all the rest of you obnoxious- er, all the rest of you guys. There's no reason to go all neo-fascist on you when the very next day it's likely that the same two people who were ready to kill each other are going to be calmly discussing stats. I admit I banned people more than a few times that I shouldn't have (jacko and RSFFL come to mind, though those were reversed), but when it gets too much I try to stick to temp bans. We're a small community. If I banned everyone who insulted someone else or started an argument, I'd have to ban everyone, and follow up by deleting my own account.

Hey Slasher, welcome.
    Just above the thread heading, click on Forum Actions>Edit Profile.
    You'll see your profile and a list of "edits" on the left.
    Edit Signature is one of them.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

I've always realized that people are people, and they're going to argue and occasionally get pissed at each other. Ted and UN? do, but they both contribute valuable baseball discussion to the board. So do all the rest of you obnoxious- er, all the rest of you guys. There's no reason to go all neo-fascist on you when the very next day it's likely that the same two people who were ready to kill each other are going to be calmly discussing stats. I admit I banned people more than a few times that I shouldn't have (jacko and RSFFL come to mind, though those were reversed), but when it gets too much I try to stick to temp bans. We're a small community. If I banned everyone who insulted someone else or started an argument, I'd have to ban everyone, and follow up by deleting my own account.
    Ted and I are getting along just fine, thank you very much. My only current nemesis is iortiz, because Papelblows.
    We miss you Mike.

All-Star
    Another refugee from BDC here...good to see a few of the usual suspects have already made their way over. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Another refugee from BDC here...good to see a few of the usual suspects have already made their way over. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Jack Flap:

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    If that were the rule, we would have no game threads.
    Amen to that.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Some of the other BDC posters I hope make it over here: JoeBrady, Spaceman, notin, Flapjack.
    I second that. Those people would bring a lot to this board.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Hello all! King thanks for starting this thread over here.
    to all existing members of this forum - thanks for the warm welcome.

i have been posting on BDC forum since 2006 under this same username. it is sad that site is closing after a decade of posting with members over there that have become more like family than anonymous posters. Hopefully most (all!) will migrate over to here and we can see our family grow.
    Once BDC finally shuts down (end of May) i will be a daily participant to this site.

I will be transferring my season long EE vs RS cernterfielder Slasher Tracker to this site at some point in the coming days.
    Very glad to see you here Slash!!!! Looking forward to this new place. I tried to log on at the BDC....but it's not letting me over there.....what a *&^%$ mess!!!!! So I guess I wont be able to say adios to the crew. Keep trying to get some of the regulars here: Notin, Bogie, Hill, etc.... The people here have been awesome so far!!

Another BDC refugee here. I hope there is room down at the end of the bench where I usually sit. I'm good for the occasional pinch hit and solid defensive play.

I'm going to move this to the Intro Forum for you guys. Feel free to direct any more refugees to this thread to introduce themselves to our community. I will alter the thread title accordingly.