Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

No carryover squabbles, please.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deal

I read the Globe forum, but don't participate or haven't in almost a decade.

There are some really great personalities and some very knowledgeable folks on that forum.

Moonslav, I remember your handle from that site. I hope you stick around.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Welcome to all migrants!!!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    You are from the same era as a number of others on this board including me. Also, 50,000 + posts is impressive. That takes some commitment.
    You're pretty close to 50,000 yourself, Ted.

Welcome, moonslav, and everyone else. However, I am not from the same era as you, to put it mildly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Why is the BDC forum being dissolved? Has any explanation been given?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Why is the BDC forum being dissolved? Has any explanation been given?
    For some reason it was a technical disaster-constantly screwing up-and the powers that be finally decided it wasn't worth their while to spend any more effort on it.

Deity
    I'm also new and can vouch for moonslav but not for myself, a Sox fan since 1949 (born at Fort Banks, now gone, in suburbs of Boston). 31 years in the Army, retired 23 years ago in Fairfax County, VA, only Sox fan among 6 siblings. Have never actually tried to produce a Broadway musical, but am a Mel Brooks fan. I think I am civil even when disagreeing.

Welcome to all the site all new posters, look forward to debating/arguing/discussing baseball with you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I'm also new and can vouch for moonslav but not for myself, a Sox fan since 1949 (born at Fort Banks, now gone, in suburbs of Boston). 31 years in the Army, retired 23 years ago in Fairfax County, VA, only Sox fan among 6 siblings. Have never actually tried to produce a Broadway musical, but am a Mel Brooks fan. I think I am civil even when disagreeing.
    Thanks for your service!!! I hope you're civil when disobeying as well, if you catch my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

All-Star
    Exciting! I've never posted anywhere other than here, and even then, not all that often. I always thought the only thing this site was missing was bigger numbers, personally.

The Globe site had a lot of great posters. Many came and went as site issues and personal attacks got out of hand from time to time. At this point, there's a solid 10-15 consistent contributors there. If all of them come here, I think you guys will be thankful the Globe site went extinct.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Hump - What hump? Mel Brooks fan here as well. Thank you for serving this country!

Welcome guys. Good to have you here.

Welcome to all the BDC members!