Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxdirtdog View Post
    btw. He really helped clean up BDC when Pike was trying to hijack the board on aa every quarter hour basis!

Some other bannings were too much imo, but that board had devolved into chaos with some of the nuts hijacking every thread.

i.e. Pike. Who was going as far as cyber-snooping on posters, & trying to "out them" for nutty nothing stuff. Posting the whereabouts of posters in the real world.

Anyway. Pumpsie seemed like a pretty straight shooter. ? I say let him in & find out who the problem is. Pike will reveal himself.

p.s. Thanks for the nice welcome!
    Please refrain from rehashing arguments, bannings, or other negative events from previous sites. We're really trying (and so far succeeding!) to get everyone from BDC and elsewhere off to a fresh start!
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Please refrain from rehashing arguments, bannings, or other negative events from previous sites. We're really trying (and so far succeeding!) to get everyone from BDC and elsewhere off to a fresh start!

Fair enough. Is it outside the lines to as what got Pumpsie banned here? I'm all for fresh starts, and would love to see ALL the great posters from BDC come here. As a moderator, i'm sure you know the tough judgement calls that have to be made every day. I'm sure quite a few were gunning for him.

Anyway... not his nanny, but just curious. I would also love to stay reasonably within the lines. I like to mix it up & have fun, but some can take it the wrong way. Honestly wondering what the lines are here, what with being new.?

Thanks! RSDD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Yeah. And we have been asked by the Mods here not to talk about him or the beach goer.

As a rule, there is not much discussion about banned members here. Probably for the better.

Not sure what type of "beach goer" we're talking about? I live in Oregon, but go back to the Cape each summer. Is discussing the mid-Cape ok? Those Pikers on the lower cape can blow it out their ar$$e $, but the mid-Cape is life itself!

This could be a deal breaker!

Deity

Welcome, Royf19!

Everyone else, he was the most sensible poster on BDC.

Youk of the Nation, feel free to kill this after about 12 hours or so.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Thank you ever so much for your permission, but I think I'll move it to the BDC welcome thread now, instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

All-Star
    Lol.

Double A
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Everyone else, he was the most sensible poster on BDC.

Youk of the Nation, feel free to kill this after about 12 hours or so.
    Thanks.

Question to the YOTN - if/when you ban a member - do you post that info somewhere so the other members know?
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Question to the YOTN - if/when you ban a member - do you post that info somewhere so the other members know?
    It will state "banned" under their username.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It will state "banned" under their username.
    Got it. Thanks!
    other names i have posted under: none