Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Wandering Wayward and Wistful ... seeking a place to Talk Saux

Major Leaguer

Wandering Wayward and Wistful ... seeking a place to Talk Saux

Greetings all ....

Another BDC emigre ... after 12 seasons there it seems odd to watch Sox games "alone." I haven't been able to log in for over a week at BDC. I have begun to post at another site but this seems to be more like the format comfortable.

I became a Sox fan in 1962 at the tender age of 6. Southern NH was my new home, was born in the Indian subcontinent, so was used to field hockey and cricket but baseball and basketball quickly supplanted them. The Sox have been an ethereal part of my psyche ever since. Yaz quickly became my favorite, being the thread and tapestry of the team in my very young heart and mind. I love basketball and football, but they are just time markers until baseball comes back to life each season.

I am currently in a rare situation that I can watch games. I am home convalescing from a misstep on my stairs on the 3rd of last month, breaking my leg. Most of the time I get to watch rarely so this is a silver lining!

SinceYaz

Glad to see that you migrated over here SinceYaz. This seems more like a bar where you can really be a Red Sox fan and not be belittled for doing that. Also more like a bar of Sox fans instead of antagonists. I also liked your posts over at BDC. Hope that you stay here since you are a very likeable person.

Major Leaguer
    Glad to be here. Your are words kind. It is good to be with folks who are FOR the Sox!

My contributions may be somewhat limited now. My leg has healed well enough that I've been given the green light to go back to work! Good news! Bad news? I work 2nd shift. Good news? I can still follow on my tablet!

Welcome aboard! Hope you get well soon, even if it means not getting to watch as many games anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Welcome aboard! Hope you get well soon, even if it means not getting to watch as many games anymore.
    Thanks! Things are going quite well. I usually troll - uh - stroll through when I get home.

Love your avatar!

Welcome to Talksox.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Major Leaguer
    Thank you sir. We MUST be related. Resident old fart ... OFS ... a term I use when I warn youngsters when they reminisce and I join in. Old Fart Stories ...