Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Alright TalkSox: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr (or other)

Alright TalkSox: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr (or other)

I know this is a baseball forum, but I am a football fan first and with myself being an LSU alumni, I would like to start some debate about in my opinion, the best WR in THE NFL, OBJ.

Who of these three you think is best? How would you rank them in order, why would you do it that way.. or better yet, think someone else is better, voice your opinion...

I without a doubt think OBJ is the most complete WR in the NFL and I believe that Julio, AND Dez Bryant are both better than AB. AB plays on a pass happy team with an elite QB, line, and cordinator, which benefits him tremendously.

Brown, OBJ, Jones.
    We miss you Mike.

I am not suggesting that Jullian Endelman is the best WR in the NFL but I would strongly suggest that he is by far more important to his team's offense than any of those guys.

Star power is nice.

Production that moves the chains and wins championships mean much more.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

OBJ, Brown, 10-15 others, Jones.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

I don't see literally anything that OBJ does better than Antonio Brown. AB has consistently beaten the best corners in the league, runs any route and his chemistry with Big Ben is probably the best in the league. If Big Ben doesn't get hurt last year and forced Michael Vick to start, Brown likely shatters reception and yardage record.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't see literally anything that OBJ does better than Antonio Brown. AB has consistently beaten the best corners in the league, runs any route and his chemistry with Big Ben is probably the best in the league. If Big Ben doesn't get hurt last year and forced Michael Vick to start, Brown likely shatters reception and yardage record.
    Does being a fucking punk count?
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Does being a fucking punk count?
    If that counts, OBJ is better than AB at that. I will give him that lol. The way he acted against Norman was a joke.

There're all pussies
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I am not suggesting that Jullian Endelman is the best WR in the NFL but I would strongly suggest that he is by far more important to his team's offense than any of those guys.

Star power is nice.

Production that moves the chains and wins championships mean much more.
    Not really, a great WR is a great WR regardless of the team they play for. AB, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins, etc, could easily do what Edelman does, and do it better.