Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright TalkSox: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr (or other)

Hybrid View

Alright TalkSox: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr (or other)

I know this is a baseball forum, but I am a football fan first and with myself being an LSU alumni, I would like to start some debate about in my opinion, the best WR in THE NFL, OBJ.

Who of these three you think is best? How would you rank them in order, why would you do it that way.. or better yet, think someone else is better, voice your opinion...

I without a doubt think OBJ is the most complete WR in the NFL and I believe that Julio, AND Dez Bryant are both better than AB. AB plays on a pass happy team with an elite QB, line, and cordinator, which benefits him tremendously.

Brown, OBJ, Jones.
    We miss you Mike.

I am not suggesting that Jullian Endelman is the best WR in the NFL but I would strongly suggest that he is by far more important to his team's offense than any of those guys.

Star power is nice.

Production that moves the chains and wins championships mean much more.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I am not suggesting that Jullian Endelman is the best WR in the NFL but I would strongly suggest that he is by far more important to his team's offense than any of those guys.

Star power is nice.

Production that moves the chains and wins championships mean much more.
    Not really, a great WR is a great WR regardless of the team they play for. AB, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins, etc, could easily do what Edelman does, and do it better.

OBJ, Brown, 10-15 others, Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I don't see literally anything that OBJ does better than Antonio Brown. AB has consistently beaten the best corners in the league, runs any route and his chemistry with Big Ben is probably the best in the league. If Big Ben doesn't get hurt last year and forced Michael Vick to start, Brown likely shatters reception and yardage record.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't see literally anything that OBJ does better than Antonio Brown. AB has consistently beaten the best corners in the league, runs any route and his chemistry with Big Ben is probably the best in the league. If Big Ben doesn't get hurt last year and forced Michael Vick to start, Brown likely shatters reception and yardage record.
    Does being a fucking punk count?
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Does being a fucking punk count?
    If that counts, OBJ is better than AB at that. I will give him that lol. The way he acted against Norman was a joke.

There're all pussies
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I don't think anyone could argue anyone but AB anymore.. This man is on another planet..

Jones and Brown are still neck and neck to me. They've both been playing hot potato with receiving yards leader the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I am a huge AB fan. Hands down the best player in the entire league not named Tom Brady, and in my mind, competing with Jerry Rice for best WR ever. I'm also in love with JuJu but that's a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I am a huge AB fan. Hands down the best player in the entire league not named Tom Brady, and in my mind, competing with Jerry Rice for best WR ever. I'm also in love with JuJu but that's a different matter.
    Maybe someday you'll be fans of guys on the teams you root for!

Maybe someday you'll be fans of guys on the teams you root for!
    Two years from now, Robby Anderson will be a superstar in this league. I love that guy too. There. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Two years from now, Robby Anderson will be a superstar in this league. I love that guy too. There. Is that better?
    http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/10...arter-tantrum/

You can keep him. I hope you guys can get a good qb this year. It's always more fun when the Jets are a playoff level team.