Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Priceless Look On the Skipper's Face

Major Leaguer

Priceless Look On the Skipper's Face

I'm probably stepping over a line here somewhere.

It might be considered gloating or some such terrible thing.

Consider it your Skipper Joe's fault. So often he has the poker face on. The look on his face tonight when Betances offered up a gopher ball to Vazquez was priceless.

It's been a rough patch lately for you Yanqui fans. We understand that, well.

Now that you're away from the Fens, perhaps your luck will change. I never count ya'll out.

I put on YES after friday and saturday games to watch the manager interview. it was must see tv watching him squirm.
    other names i have posted under: none

I was really critical of Girardi in his early years. But the txt that he guided the hot mess of a roster last hr to the postseason was a miracle. The guy has gotten a 25 man with far too many corpses on it

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I put on YES after friday and saturday games to watch the manager interview. it was must see tv watching him squirm.
    His wording reminded me quite a bit of JF in 2014...

He is still honorable in his presentation.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I was really critical of Girardi in his early years. But the txt that he guided the hot mess of a roster last hr to the postseason was a miracle. The guy has gotten a 25 man with far too many corpses on it
    I cannot disagree with you, sir. He does seem to get the most out of a scrap heap. His predecessor had talent all over the place and therefore we chased you often. I look at the Yanquis when they are down and always cast a wary eye their way. I have no doubt that the offense will start to warm up. There is no way they all stay below or at the Mendoza ...

I do think they are truly showing age, but then Papi and Koji are ....

Quote Originally Posted by SinceYaz View Post
    I cannot disagree with you, sir. He does seem to get the most out of a scrap heap. His predecessor had talent all over the place and therefore we chased you often. I look at the Yanquis when they are down and always cast a wary eye their way. I have no doubt that the offense will start to warm up. There is no way they all stay below or at the Mendoza ...

I do think they are truly showing age, but then Papi and Koji are ....
    Thing is, we should have scrubbed this a few yrs ago. We tried to reboot the franchise with "savvy" signings that haven't panned out, all the while knowing we are saddled with dead weight in CC, ARod and Tex. Add in Beltran, Ells and Headley, and we're watching $120 mil basically suck. You cannot eat $120 mil in this day and age. Selig basically removed a lot of our financial clout with revenue sharing and with George no longer here, we don't have the same passion in the owner's box. Once you go down the path of throwing gobs of money around, the only way to fix it while still winning is to continually spend. We didn't spend this offseason, at least not like we should have. There was a TON of talent available and we basically were given a 2b and a closer as long as we ate their contracts and their off the field issues. So the only way you get better after throwing around a LOT of bad money is to re-boot and suck for a bit. And if this year is the start of it, then we need to do it right. I want Girardi and Cash to stay. I think Girardi always gets more out of his team than they have and Cash has found a way to reboot our farm while still picking from the back end. The problem is, we need the other talking heads in the FO to allow it to happen. I doubt they will. They like seeing the revenue stream in, they like being relevant.

If Cash is allowed to re-boot, I would still consider big expenditures, but only on guys who will be here when prosperity comes. That means a guy like Strasburg. That means waiting for a guy like Harper. But it also means detonating this mass of shit this yr and maybe dealing away some guys who hurt a bit. I'd move Beltran and eat his contract. If Tex shows he doesn't suck, I'd try to move him. I'd cut CC, he is eating innings that would be better served given to Nova initially (so we can deal him) and then to a rook after that. I'd move Gardner, Miller and Chapman as well. Blow it up a bit. What we have doesn't work. Rebuild and reload
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 05-02-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    Hal sucks

He's the best manager in the division by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Major Leaguer
    Thing is, we should have scrubbed this a few yrs ago. We tried to reboot the franchise with "savvy" signings that haven't panned out, all the while knowing we are saddled with dead weight in CC, ARod and Tex. Add in Beltran, Ells and Headley, and we're watching $120 mil basically suck. You cannot eat $120 mil in this day and age. Selig basically removed a lot of our financial clout with revenue sharing and with George no longer here, we don't have the same passion in the owner's box. Once you go down the path of throwing gobs of money around, the only way to fix it while still winning is to continually spend. We didn't spend this offseason, at least not like we should have. There was a TON of talent available and we basically were given a 2b and a closer as long as we ate their contracts and their off the field issues. So the only way you get better after throwing around a LOT of bad money is to re-boot and suck for a bit. And if this year is the start of it, then we need to do it right. I want Girardi and Cash to stay. I think Girardi always gets more out of his team than they have and Cash has found a way to reboot our farm while still picking from the back end. The problem is, we need the other talking heads in the FO to allow it to happen. I doubt they will. They like seeing the revenue stream in, they like being relevant.

If Cash is allowed to re-boot, I would still consider big expenditures, but only on guys who will be here when prosperity comes. That means a guy like Strasburg. That means waiting for a guy like Harper. But it also means detonating this mass of shit this yr and maybe dealing away some guys who hurt a bit. I'd move Beltran and eat his contract. If Tex shows he doesn't suck, I'd try to move him. I'd cut CC, he is eating innings that would be better served given to Nova initially (so we can deal him) and then to a rook after that. I'd move Gardner, Miller and Chapman as well. Blow it up a bit. What we have doesn't work. Rebuild and reload

You're saying sooooo much that is very reminiscent of another team's situation ... won't mention which. )

Big contracts ... big drags on so many other things. The need to stay near championship form makes folks do certain things that are often later regretted. (I won't lie, I wanted Tex and ARod ... I was stupid and didn't know better.) We got out of one set of overpays ... and Pablo and Hanley came along. Hanley seems to be well on the way to redeeming himself. Pablo is becoming the incredible - not shrinking - invisible man. Porcello had a terrible first half but is becoming almost all I had hoped for. Price? Working out kinks ... I hope. But his being here has relieved the others from having to be aces and now can pitch within themselves. Clay is still doing that ...

Reboot ... not easy, but we know what it could mean. A couple of uneasy years, at least. Not being relevant is hard to take.

How Cashman rebuilt your farm so fast is remarkable. But I can tell you, as much as I love our young talent, if one isn't patient (more time) they won't seem like a bright future as much as another failed present.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    NYT has a good question today. If Hicks has a cannon on him, why is he playing left and Mr Glass in center?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Mr Glass broke yesterday

But I thought he was just the victim of freak accidents?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I used to be a big fan of Ellsbury. I used to defend criticism of him and his frequent injuries.

Not anymore!!

Last night he appeared to pull something while running to third base.

Can he ever stay on the field long enough to be useful?

I'm glad he is a Yankee problem.

What a disappointment he has been.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."