Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70

Thread: New announcement, please read last post 8/16/2016

  1. #16
    I understand what this site is doing and they want to keep a strict, well strict isn't the right word, there is leeway here, but a more professional look. But I don't get why I can't say butthole? One of my known things on other forums has been to call players buttholes. I would understand if there was no profanity at all, but there is a lot of that, not that anything is wrong with that all.

    Anywho, I do enjoy the forum, it has a nice mix of personalities, people, trolls, stat geeks, die hard fans and so on. Keep up the good work and God Bless.

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    I understand what this site is doing and they want to keep a strict, well strict isn't the right word, there is leeway here, but a more professional look. But I don't get why I can't say butthole? One of my known things on other forums has been to call players buttholes. I would understand if there was no profanity at all, but there is a lot of that, not that anything is wrong with that all.

    Anywho, I do enjoy the forum, it has a nice mix of personalities, people, trolls, stat geeks, die hard fans and so on. Keep up the good work and God Bless.
    There's nothing wrong with occasional profanity, and no one said there was. Your problem was that about nine or ten of your first fifteen posts contained almost nothing of value, only the words "ding dong" "butthole" or various forms of "suck his own dick" and the like. Curse every once in a while if you want, but people don't come to TalkSox to read posts that look like they were written by a 13-year old who just discovered the internet.


  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    There's nothing wrong with occasional profanity, and no one said there was. Your problem was that about nine or ten of your first fifteen posts contained almost nothing of value, only the words "ding dong" "butthole" or various forms of "suck his own dick" and the like. Curse every once in a while if you want, but people don't come to TalkSox to read posts that look like they were written by a 13-year old who just discovered the internet.
    I appreciate your efforts in this thread, YOTN, and I agree that we need to point out the influx in new threads. It had started to irk me just a tad. But the bold above is not sitting well with me. I turned 13 a few months after joining this place, and I think we can all agree that I have the cleanest vocabulary on the site. Stereotypes like those are what is killing life as we know it.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    There's nothing wrong with occasional profanity, and no one said there was. Your problem was that about nine or ten of your first fifteen posts contained almost nothing of value, only the words "ding dong" "butthole" or various forms of "suck his own dick" and the like. Curse every once in a while if you want, but people don't come to TalkSox to read posts that look like they were written by a 13-year old who just discovered the internet.
    I never knew Dutchy, but it sounds like this is him, no?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I appreciate your efforts in this thread, YOTN, and I agree that we need to point out the influx in new threads. It had started to irk me just a tad. But the bold above is not sitting well with me. I turned 13 a few months after joining this place, and I think we can all agree that I have the cleanest vocabulary on the site. Stereotypes like those are what is killing life as we know it.
    I didn't say "all 13 year olds". I said "a 13 year old who just discovered the internet". As in, the immature little brats who get online for the first time and realize they can say all the stuff their parents won't let them say, and run all over the internet joining message boards dedicated to topics they don't care about just so they can post "LOL penis! Asshole! Suck a dick!" for the novelty value of it.


  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I appreciate your efforts in this thread, YOTN, and I agree that we need to point out the influx in new threads. It had started to irk me just a tad. But the bold above is not sitting well with me. I turned 13 a few months after joining this place, and I think we can all agree that I have the cleanest vocabulary on the site. Stereotypes like those are what is killing life as we know it.
    I'm sorry, but WTF are you even talking about??????? If you take offense to that you ...... ummmmm........... well........ good luck............
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I never knew Dutchy, but it sounds like this is him, no?
    No. StephenCurry30 is capable of normal posting. Dutchy was not.


  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    There's nothing wrong with occasional profanity, and no one said there was. Your problem was that about nine or ten of your first fifteen posts contained almost nothing of value, only the words "ding dong" "butthole" or various forms of "suck his own dick" and the like. Curse every once in a while if you want, but people don't come to TalkSox to read posts that look like they were written by a 13-year old who just discovered the internet.
    These things were all kind of jokes that were used on the other forums and I guess weren't understood on here. Travis Shaw has a nickname of "Mayor of DingDong City", the Red Sox advertise it on facebook/twitter and there is even t-shirts for it, one of which I shamelessly own.

    Honestly the other stuff is me not wanting to curse because I didnt think it was tolerated, so instead of like "fuck clay buchholz" I would usually post on BDC "Clay buchholz is a butthole" or other people would call him "gay buttholz" and stuff similar. I understand that is not tolerated here and will try not to do it, sometimes its just habit and I know its stupid, but I'm an immature, red sox loving fan, who is kind of a retard when it comes to message boards. For that, I apologize sir.

  9. #24
    I am not dutch, nor am I sure what that is even implying, haha

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    These things were all kind of jokes that were used on the other forums and I guess weren't understood on here. Travis Shaw has a nickname of "Mayor of DingDong City", the Red Sox advertise it on facebook/twitter and there is even t-shirts for it, one of which I shamelessly own.

    Honestly the other stuff is me not wanting to curse because I didnt think it was tolerated, so instead of like "fuck clay buchholz" I would usually post on BDC "Clay buchholz is a butthole" or other people would call him "gay buttholz" and stuff similar. I understand that is not tolerated here and will try not to do it, sometimes its just habit and I know its stupid, but I'm an immature, red sox loving fan, who is kind of a retard when it comes to message boards. For that, I apologize sir.
    That's all I'm asking, and I appreciate your response.

    As for the other thing, we were referring to a former user whose name was "Dutchy". Some of your early posts, i.e. "Farrell too busy beating his little penis", were very similar to the kind of stuff he posted, so we were reminded of him. That post I mentioned actually made me check your IP address, but the very fact that you toned it down after the first time I asked you to proved pretty conclusively that you weren't him. He was incapable of acting like a normal human being.


  11. #26
    On one more note ...... My horse who reads this board with me has suffered serious racism and homosexual abuse else where other than this board.

    So keep off the racist and gay stuff.........

    I don't mind people funning about me, but don't be funning about my horse being a certain color or why he's so gay........ the shit aint funny at all......
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  12. #27
    Not trying to be a smaht arrss, but as I look through the threads that are staying on the front page, many were started by new BDC members. The fact that they seem to have staying power, i.e. posts.... many posts, indicates to me that there is interest in a number of them. Feel free to knock them, & implicitly the new "rabble-rousers," but don't these things generally work themselves out. Most new threads have limited appeal, and die a pretty quick death, i.e. my lame attempt to push a new debated over Iggy vs. X-Bo. Brilliant concept that it was.....But for my lousy & obtuse title, I really would have crushed it. Instead, I whiffed. Swinging for the fences & pulling my head again. Ughhh. ; (

    Anyway.... I get the sentiment of not starting a thread for every thought that pops into your head, but I personally think it would be a shame to stifle some very creative & knowledgeable new posters. Or some of the new hot-heads for that matter?

    That's ok. We Irish are familiar with blending in & taking shyte jobs for the Proper Bostonians. NO worries! We'LL pipe down & be good. Promise! That is until we take over.....

  13. #28
    Hang on. Some lunatics are hammering on my door. Oh shyte! Looking through my curtains..... what the hell is the TSX Police Dept.? & what the hell are they doing in Orego****

    pending removal
    Last edited by redsoxdirtdog; 05-08-2016 at 03:03 AM.

  14. #29
    This post has been removed.

  15. #30
    ^^^ ummm.. What is going on here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •