Register now to remove this ad

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,726 to 1,735 of 1735

Thread: 2016 Trade and Roster Move Speculation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    Moncada did play some 3B in Cuba. With extended roosters the Sox can replace him in the late innings. I think they don't put him there if they think he wasn't ready. He athletic and has a good arm.
    He showed a strong arm last night.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Yep, Moncada showed off a monster arm last night. Makes those throws across the diamond with ease. In hindsight, putting him at second would almost be a waste of that arm.
    Yoan has got a lot of potential to unlock. His athleticism will help on that hot corner.
    Red Sox have one hell of an enviable infield right now -- Moncada-Bogaerts-Pedroia-Ramirez.
    It's hard to name an infield that is better overall offensively. And the defense looks to be pretty decent as well.

After seeing his arm last night, I had to wonder why is was a second baseman. That is not a second baseman's arm. It is a SS/RF/3B arm.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    After seeing his arm last night, I had to wonder why is was a second baseman. That is not a second baseman's arm. It is a SS/RF/3B arm.
    Don't you start sounding off about player development here. LOL!!! I think that it really just tends to show that they really had no idea what positions he would be best at moving forward. The good news is that he just might be athlete enough to play wherever they wind up needing him. To his credit - very importantly - he seems to want to do whatever it is that people ask of him. I don't see any whining in the future coming from him.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Don't you start sounding off about player development here. LOL!!! I think that it really just tends to show that they really had no idea what positions he would be best at moving forward. The good news is that he just might be athlete enough to play wherever they wind up needing him. To his credit - very importantly - he seems to want to do whatever it is that people ask of him. I don't see any whining in the future coming from him.
    I am really surprised that he was a second base man in Cuba. He must have been blocked at SS and 3B.

Deity
    I am really surprised that he was a second base man in Cuba. He must have been blocked at SS and 3B.
    Maybe we need to go down there and find out who in the hell was blocking him down there. I think that they could play for me if they were that good!

Moncada was 17 when he was playing down there. A teenager doesn't just walk onto a team and take a guys job, so it was probably some no name but more polished player ahead of him. Also I think it's worth noting we will never know where Moncada would have ended up had he stayed in Cuba.

Legend
    He started as a SS I think ... 2B was just a good way to ease him in given just how little baseball he had played, and all those things he had to deal with as a 19 year old which normal prospects don't.

Yoan Moncada played strictly 2nd for the Elefantes de Cienfuegos in 2012 and 2013 according to baseball reference.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Yoan Moncada played strictly 2nd for the Elefantes de Cienfuegos in 2012 and 2013 according to baseball reference.
    That was age 17 & 18.

I read somewhere he played 3B at age 16. What was that? Semi-pro ball or something?