Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Offense 2016

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    That tells me nothing. What about his OPS+ and his BApip?
    Are we talking fangraphs or baseball ref calcs?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Are we talking fangraphs or baseball ref calcs?
    I dunno
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Kimmi has demonstrated that disruptive base runners are of almost no consequence.

You missed that class, obviously.
    That is why we sent Kimmi over here. JUST KIDDING!

I know it makes it more interesting to watch and back when I did play the game, it rattled the lesser ballers when the Lord Mercury was able to steal on us.

I do agree with S5, it's smarts, too. They are all using a gene that my memory says the old Sox rarely used. Smart, involved, understanding what was going with the pitcher's motion, speed, etc. .... I'm resisting repeating myself or like minded ones ...

It's fun ... no matter who is right

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Keuchel is probably praying for a little regression from the Sox offense about now.
    SnC ... prayer not received as desired.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    It's not only speed, it's smarts, Some of these players who are stealing bases aren't necessarily fast, they're just taking advantage of situations. Hanley isn't going to win the 100 yard dash against anyone with real speed. I've seen Travis Shaw steal a base because the pitcher wasn't checking on him. I've seen Mookie (whom I'll grant you has good speed) steal a base because he can see that a pitch is going to be in the dirt. That's not just speed. That's smart, and IMO it has to disrupt the thinking of the infielders and it also builds team momentum.

There is absolutely no doubt about it.... so many guys on this team who are doing some heads up running. So many runs scored from 1st to home, mainly because of hustle & heads up running. Lots of SB by Mookie & XB. JBJ is a threat, but not near as quick off the blocks. Hanley, with so many heads up 1st to 3rds. Lots more hit & runs.

It's not just the power#'s, they are becoming a constant threat on the base paths. Really great & exciting to see!

i will admit it. i will disappointed when they break the streak of double digit runs.....
    other names i have posted under: none

I'll be maybe a little sad to see it go, but if the team keeps winning I won't care that much. If the team loses 14-11 I don't care about double digit runs our team scores.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

The offensive explosion is great, but the story last night was the good performance by Price.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceYaz View Post
    SnC ... prayer not received as desired.
    Nope, not at all!
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The offensive explosion is great, but the story last night was the good performance by Price.
    absolutely. looked like an Ace.
    btw - i wanted to hate Roger. i really did. but i liked him. he was great. dammit.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    absolutely. looked like an Ace.
    btw - i wanted to hate Roger. i really did. but i liked him. he was great. dammit.
    His analysis of Price's delivery was excellent.
    But he was babbling at the very end of his time in the booth, so I can still hate him.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't make myself hate Roger Clemens. He was too central a part of growing up in New England for me. It'd be like trying to hate Larry Bird.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Clemens is no Larry Bird.

He was before he found the path to the dark side. There's part of me that can't look at the villain without seeing the former hero, if you can forgive the incredibly cheesy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i will admit it. i will disappointed when they break the streak of double digit runs.....
    The Sox are definitely spoiling us here, eh? I'll admit to feeling the same way as you, though of course mentally one agrees with Dojji: let's just keep racking up the W's.