Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benintendi watch

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    He's a Buuuuuuuum. I can't believe we wasted the #7 pick on him. Who is going to play LF in August now???
    Maybe Nintendo can make it as a SP? Trey Ball is destined for LF, it's so obvious to me now/s/

@portlandseadogs Andrew Benintendi does it again! Follows Coyle’s double with a double off the wall. 2-1 Portland. Benintendi 2-for-2, 2 RBI, BB.

HYPE TRAIN IS BACK ON THE RAILS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Sell high!
    I feel like we need to ban a700hiter from the minor league forums

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Hey c'mon - With Benintendi moving on up, all we need to do is trade Pedroia (like someone here has suggested - who was that guy?) and we open up a spot for Moncada as well! lol

Deity
    Seriously though - Benintendi is the real deal and has been for a while at every level he has played at. Hope he is isn't traded and gets a chance to play in Boston. If DD moves him, I will forever hold our current starting rotation responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Pretty sure he was joking this time.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Pretty sure he was joking this time.
    Just in case - so was I

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Maybe Nintendo can make it as a SP? Trey Ball is destined for LF, it's so obvious to me now/s/
    He's MLB ready!!! Promote him now!!!

When Benintendi gets promoted to Boston later this year we should title a thread with the wording "And now his watch begins"

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    When Benintendi gets promoted to Boston later this year we should title a thread with the wording "And now his watch begins"
    Not before I get to post "Brace yourselves: Benintendi is Coming."

sean-bean.jpg

Portland W 5-3

Andrew Benintendi: 2-3, 2B, BB, K

I don't see Benintendi coming to Boston this yr. The kid was just drafted last yr and yes, is mashing everything he sees. But you have two guys ahead of him for playing time and with CY finally hammering lefties like I told you he would, a platoon role isn't what you bring this kid up for. I think he sits in the minors until May of next yr, once his clock kicks up to another year and he goes from there. Although Holt hasn't been great of late, he brings a certain level of grit to your team that you need. He's the Bill Mueller type, wont put up gaudy numbers, but will totally piss off the opposing pitcher. That guy garners respect in the clubhouse and the sox have something good right now. Should he tank to an obscene level, then you might see it, but I doubt that occurs
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I don't see Benintendi coming to Boston this yr. The kid was just drafted last yr and yes, is mashing everything he sees. But you have two guys ahead of him for playing time and with CY finally hammering lefties like I told you he would, a platoon role isn't what you bring this kid up for. I think he sits in the minors until May of next yr, once his clock kicks up to another year and he goes from there. Although Holt hasn't been great of late, he brings a certain level of grit to your team that you need. He's the Bill Mueller type, wont put up gaudy numbers, but will totally piss off the opposing pitcher. That guy garners respect in the clubhouse and the sox have something good right now. Should he tank to an obscene level, then you might see it, but I doubt that occurs
    Good points.

But if Benintendi continues to rake, and rake hard, and if the Sox lose one or more OF to injury, I see him called up a la Swihard.

The best thing to do is to let the kid seek his level while in MiLb while becoming accustomed to long schedule ball and the pro life.

Without an artificial rush, his time is better served in AA and AAA for now.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Good points.

But if Benintendi continues to rake, and rake hard, and if the Sox lose one or more OF to injury, I see him called up a la Swihard.

The best thing to do is to let the kid seek his level while in MiLb while becoming accustomed to long schedule ball and the pro life.

Without an artificial rush, his time is better served in AA and AAA for now.
    This is a very accurate assessment in my opinion. While I definitely see a path for him to the majors this year my money would be against it.

Post season... a La Bogaerts. That's when we see him.