Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benintendi watch

Benintendi watch

Red Sox #2 prospect Andrew Benintendi has just ben promoted to AA Portland Seadogs. Ive already said that it is very possible that we see him this septemeber. If there is a trade and/or injury, and hes still raking, we could see him earlier..
    Yes, its is a very real possibility.
    Good for him...the kid is a true ballplayer and i cant wait to see him in the OF in Fenway...

Deity
    Had to happen. He won't be the last one to move up either. Gives a good reason to go to Portland.

If the Sox need a LFer earlier than later I could see a depth trade or a call up of Swihart/Castillo depending on how they look with the bat or in the field (both have looked good lately). I'd say the earliest we see Benintendi is August and I'm curious to see how he handles the promotion. The high-A to AA jump is among the biggest in professional ball. My instincts tell me Benintendi has BEEN ready for the level but he could very well struggle for a while and still end up being a very good player and MLB ready by next year.

If the cards fall right I think it's very probable we see him this year, but it could be September. I'm not 100% convinced he's here in August and here for a playoff push but I definitely see it as a possibility.

I'm on the hype train, but can we at least let him play in AA before determining if he's ready for MLB?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Thankfully there doesn't seem to be a major need for anything more than what they have right now in terms of a left fielder. I would sure as hell hate to see any kind of trade for a journeyman outfielder acquired to just hold a spot for awhile. We get that job done from within. Castillo, Swihart (as much as I hate to see him used out there) would make a lot more sense to me. If DD decides to trade for an outfielder, I don't think he will be playing small ball. That should make all the people who hate the use of the bunt happy. lol

i think thats why the thread title was "watch"...
    other names i have posted under: none

0-4 game 1 in AA

Sell high!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Bust!!!!!!!!!!!

but his k rate is ok. let's give him another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    but his k rate is ok. let's give him another game.
    25% K rate 0% B rate. He's batting .000/.000/.000 with zero power. Obviously the Sox have rushed him.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Thankfully there doesn't seem to be a major need for anything more than what they have right now in terms of a left fielder. I would sure as hell hate to see any kind of trade for a journeyman outfielder acquired to just hold a spot for awhile. We get that job done from within. Castillo, Swihart (as much as I hate to see him used out there) would make a lot more sense to me. If DD decides to trade for an outfielder, I don't think he will be playing small ball. That should make all the people who hate the use of the bunt happy. lol
    I cld see not giving up a heck of a lot for CarGo at the deadline. He's a FA at the end of the year, so there really isn't any type of commitment on a guy like that if Houston is looking to drop some payroll and get a little value back for him. I don't want to pin my hopes on Benintendi for this year, but it's exciting to think about. And I do believe it is possible. By the trade deadline CarGo wld be owed what?, $5M. That's chump change considering sox are already over budget this year and staring at a possible post season run.
    This is Beny's first actual challenge. We'll most likely see at least some early weaknesses in his game that we haven't seen before. He may struggle here and there initially, and that can be a good thing. I feel like the Sox took an awfully long time promoting him, that pattern suggests he cld be in AA a while maybe all season no matter how well he does.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    25% K rate 0% B rate. He's batting .000/.000/.000 with zero power. Obviously the Sox have rushed him.
    Send him back to Salem.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Bust.
    Eff Cherry

He's a Buuuuuuuum. I can't believe we wasted the #7 pick on him. Who is going to play LF in August now???