Register now to remove this ad

Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1540

Thread: Christian Vazquez

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    From Thursday's FanGraphs chat with columnist Dan Szymborski, who developed the ZiPS projections:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dan-s...hs-chat-22317/
    You have a weird infatuation with Swihart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
    You have a weird infatuation with Swihart.
    He's just mad about us being so high on someone ZIPs and Co. aren't high on.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Agree

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Our 3rd basemen last year were dead last offensively out of all 30 teams. Their combined OPS was .685 and their combined wOBA was .296. Pablo should be able to top that.

Moreland is not supposed to replace Papi. Our offense will not be as good as it was last year, but it will still be very good. I am not concerned about it.
    At the very least, we know he can't come in 31st....

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ZIPS and Steamer are weak. The WAPM is definitive. (Although sometimes reality is inaccurate.)

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    ZIPS and Steamer are weak. The WAPM is definitive. (Although sometimes reality is inaccurate.)
    What's WAPM have for Beni's OPS this year?

What would Swihart's WAR be, if he started as a catcher 140 games?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...systems-graded

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Our 3rd basemen last year were dead last offensively out of all 30 teams. Their combined OPS was .685 and their combined wOBA was .296. Pablo should be able to top that.

Moreland is not supposed to replace Papi. Our offense will not be as good as it was last year, but it will still be very good. I am not concerned about it.
    Agree.
    Nobody is replacing Papi.

With the addition of Sale, they don't have to.
    They now have the pitching to shut down a lot of opposing offenses.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

It works the same way for stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Agree.

Sale will likely face over 750 batters this year. That's more than the amount of Papi PAs we need to fill.

Our defense should be better, too.

If Young and others can stay healthy, and full years from Beni, Pom, Wright, ERod, Kelly and others can help put a dent in the loss of the great one- Sir David Ortiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Ballgame View Post
    The Sox scored 100 more runs than anyone else last year and they should see an improvement in left and at 3rd offensively, regardless of how well Sandoval does. If he struggles badly, he'll be replaced. The defense and starting pitching should be significantly better and I have a feeling people are going to like Mitch Moreland. He's a "dirt dog" type, who has a swing that should play well at Fenway, and never understimate the importance of a guy who can play D at first. A guy like that makes the entire infield that much better. Modern stats prove it.
    I fully endorse this post.

Shaw was terrible the second half, think Pablo will improve on those numbers easily.
    I agree. I think some people forget how bad Shaw was after July, and also in June.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Agree.

Exactly. Even without the addition of Sale, I think our team could have withstood the loss of Papi. We may not be the best offense in the league anymore, but we should still be top 3.

Deity
    Good luck to Vazquez for sure but judging by the latest comments from DD, Swihart still might be the guy they expect to be the catcher of the future for the Sox. I continue to think that they just aren't completely sold on either Leon or Vazquez's ability to get it done on a regular basis. This might be just a bridge year to get to Swihart.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Good luck to Vazquez for sure but judging by the latest comments from DD, Swihart still might be the guy they expect to be the catcher of the future for the Sox. I continue to think that they just aren't completely sold on either Leon or Vazquez's ability to get it done on a regular basis. This might be just a bridge year to get to Swihart.
    Peter Abraham reported yesterday that Vazquez's arm strength is back to being above average, but might never be where it was in 14. To me that does not bode well for him.

Peter Abraham reported yesterday that Vazquez's arm strength is back to being above average, but might never be where it was in 14. To me that does not bode well for him.
    I'm not disputing that... but IIRC it isn't uncommon for a pitcher to come back from TJ surgery with better arm strength than before.

But in a related thought...
    TJ surgery is often the result of bad mechanics. Has anyone heard or observed a pitcher's mechanics changing after TJ surgery? Or do they just let him keep doing the same mechanics that caused the need for the surgery?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully