Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Dutch Sox fan visiting Fenway in September

Dutch Sox fan visiting Fenway in September

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I posted something but happy to be back on TS.
    Enjoy reading the posts, especially the cynical ones;-)

Now the good news: myself and a close friend of mine will visit the game vs the yanks Friday Sep 16. tickets ordered, flight and hotel booked. Staying at The Verb hotel across the street.
    Will try to buy tickets for the day game on Saturday as well but will do so when we are there.

Saw the Sox play several times but never at Fenway, will be a blast!

Talk to you all soon!

greetings from Holland!

You should have a fucking blast.

Just bring money. Nothing is cheap here.

And if you have the time, make sure to take the Fenway Tour. That is a bargain and very interesting.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Will do the stadium tour for sure! You think there's any chance for some pictures with the players during bp?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_RSFan View Post
    Will do the stadium tour for sure! You think there's any chance for some pictures with the players during bp?
    "WITH". No.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Visit to Fenway and Boston last week was awesome! We watched he 9th inning comeback on Thursday vs the Yankees from the sports bar, could feel the stadium move after Hanley's HR!
    Saw both the Friday/Saturday game live, great tickets behind 3rd and 1st base!
    Spend quite some money at Boylston, Newbury, Faneuil Hall, fan shop at Fenway and in the stadium...Spudboy you were right, over 9 bucks for a beer..lol!

Soaked it all in and enjoyed every minute of it! Envy you guys that are able to visit games on a regular basis, especially now with the playoffs coming up.
    Will not take long before I will return, go sox!

I'm glad that you had a great time.