Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 2016 MLB Draft Thread.

Groome is signed.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Groome is signed.
    He can take Espinoza's spot in A ball.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He can take Espinoza's spot in A ball.
    I'm thinking it may not be 100% coincidental that Groome is signed at about the same time the trade away Espinoza.

@jonheyman: red sox, jason groome have a deal. $3.65M pending physical.”

Looks like I was right in my prediction that he's going to sign for much less than everyone was predicting.

This is good, hopefully they can get some more talent in the system for DD to trade away. I really like Quintana, he's a good talent and it sounded like he really wanted to sign and get his pro career started.

All-Star
    So he waited until the day before the deadline before signing AND got a little more money out of it? Who the hell does he think he is? He should have jumped at the Sox first offering, if not offered to take less. What a douchebag.

All-Star
    (Really though, great news. Would be awesome if we were able to come away with Quintana, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    So he waited until the day before the deadline before signing AND got a little more money out of it? Who the hell does he think he is? He should have jumped at the Sox first offering, if not offered to take less. What a douchebag.
    It's not uncommon for someone in his situation to hold out, it's a business and I'm sure a 17 year old and his family are just listening to his advisor. I wouldn't hold that against him and I'm not going to call him names.

If I was in his position, I'd do the same exact thing if I thought I could get more money. He's forgoing going to college and if his arm blows up this could be his once in a lifetime chance at a big payday.

Also we don't know when the Sox even started negotiations with him.

All-Star
    Lol...my post was completely and 100% sarcastic and referencing some of the overreactions earlier in the thread. Sorry about that.

Glad he signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Alas, The Groome drama is over. Glad to have him on board.

@alexspeier Groome, Dalbec, Shawaryn all under agreement for Sox. The team still has a little $ left for possible deals w/players taken later in draft.

The Red Sox and first-round pick Jason Groome have agreed to terms on a $3.65MM signing bonus, reports Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports (via Twitter). The agreement, which is pending a physical, comes less than 24 hours before the deadline to sign 2016 draft picks.

-Steve Adams

What a punk. Holding out for $150K... Disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What a punk. Holding out for $150K... Disgusting!
    Ha! I'll admit, my natural defensive thinking was a little like... " f_ck this guy! Holding out, He can eat a ... Oh, he signed? Awesome!"

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Ha! I'll admit, my natural defensive thinking was a little like... " f_ck this guy! Holding out, He can eat a ... Oh, he signed? Awesome!"
    One of the great beauties of the internet and our up-to-the-second Twitterverse...we have infinitely greater opportunities to have premature conniption fits about stories that in the past we wouldn't have known about until they were done deals.