Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Hi

Hybrid View

This is my rifle....

Hi

I still like baseball.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I am wondering how your back yard came out? How have you been?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

This is my rifle....
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I am wondering how your back yard came out? How have you been?
    Which back yard is that? It's been so long since I've been on the board, I can't remember where I was living when I mentioned my back yard.

ORS has been in El Paso the last 3 years. Moved here with the company I was working for in San Antonio, same type of job, San Antonio was a big expansion and renovation of an existing military hospital, 4 year job from 2009-2013, El Paso is a new 1.1M sq ft military hospital, supposed to be a 3.5 year job from 2013-2016. I left to a new GC after year two, but the EP job is a nightmare, 18 months behind schedule. A tried and true Corps of Engineers clusterfuck.

Now my bow is oriented toward Houston, and in the process I may be changing jobs again. New company has a job for me in Galveston, rip the skin off and replace plus 50% interior renovations of a 10-story hospital (not military this time). But, and there's always a but, it's not looking like it will start when we thought. However, since my ship was pointed that way, my wife just received an offer letter for a job that's a big promotion and raise in Houston, so we're going regardless in late July. My current assignment turns over 8/15, and since Galveston won't start when we think, my ops mgr has suggested travel to another assignment may be in the cards. I'm not moving to city the size of Houston to travel to another place 2 weeks at a time for a construction job. Houston is a hot construction market.

So, when I was in San Antonio, the company I worked with JV'd up with another big GC. I've reached out to some of the people with the other GC I worked with in San Antonio, and they've got over $1B in healthcare construction contracts that have either already started or are starting within the next 6 months. Two of them are $400M+ hospitals, and they need Supt's, so I'll probably end up there.

I'll finally be living in a town with a big league team, an AL team at that. So I'll get to see the Sox play for the first time in like 7 years.

Howdy!

You were in or around San Antonio, I believe when you were making changes to your back yard.

In any case it is nice to know that you are around.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

This is my rifle....
    The San Antonio back yard came out stellar. I wish we could have kept that house, the back yard was great for parties.

Post again damn you.
    We miss you Mike.

Oh shit whaddup
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")