Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Acquire Drew Pomeranz

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    And he has not been doing that great lately.
    He's also the youngest player in A ball by a lot and thrown more innings than he ever has. He's tired, his performance has nothing to do with his potential.

DD got an All Star pitcher with 2 1/2 years of control before July 15th. Not bad. Let's hope that our scouts got it right. Maybe there will be more to come. There is room for Hill.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm disgusted with this trade. Where is my pitch fork

Espinoza is a big overpay for a guy with just a half season of proven quality pitching.

The Padres traded for this guy last winter for peanuts. Apparently, we didn't like him that much just 4-5 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    He's also the youngest player in A ball by a lot and thrown more innings than he ever has. He's tired, his performance has nothing to do with his potential.
    Dont jump off a roof. He isn't cracking anyone's squad for a few years.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Major Leaguer
    Espinoza loss really hurts, but hopefully it will work out. Michael Kopech is really opening some eyes. Maybe not Epinoza, but I have a good feeling about him...We needed a good pitcher and knew it would hurt. Let's see the whole deal, maybe more players involved...

All-Star
    Espinoza was my #1 untouchable, even above Moncada. I would rather of thrown Moncada+ in with Espinoza and got a true TOTRS than trade one of them for a mid rotation starter.
    Im honestly stunned.

Pomeranz has pitched 102 innings this year......thats a career high for him at 27. We just traded arguably the best pitching prospect in the minors for him.

Honestly. LOL! I guess people thought that other teams were just going to hand us their All Star pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by bowman View Post
    Espinoza loss really hurts, but hopefully it will work out. Michael Kopech is really opening some eyes. Maybe not Epinoza, but I have a good feeling about him...We needed a good pitcher and knew it would hurt. Let's see the whole deal, maybe more players involved...
    I really really really like Kopech and am impressed with his velocity but without a 3rd pitch I don't think he has the same ceiling as Espinoza who generates high 90's with very smooth and easy mechanics.

Brock Holt was an all star.

I hate the theory that Espinoza is so far away from the bigs, we can afford to trade him. This kid was the best pitching prospect we've had since maybe Clemens.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hate the theory that Espinoza is so far away from the bigs, we can afford to trade him. This kid was the best pitching prospect we've had since maybe Clemens.
    so you would have preferred that it be Benintendi?

Brock Holt was an all star.
    What the fuck does that mean? Brock Holt is good and that year he deserved to be an all-star.

This is a win now trade, this is a classic give up way more future potential for the chance to win now. I hate it, I don't care if it give us a better chance to win this year.