Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Acquire Drew Pomeranz

Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    What the fuck does that mean? Brock Holt is good and that year he deserved to be an all-star.
    I'm saying you wouldn't trade one of the top prospects in all of baseball for him

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Hasn't DD got a reputation for overpay/clear out the farm kind of deals?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Maybe our scouts determined that Espinoza is not as great as his press clippings and maybe they see something that they really like in Pomeranz. Let's hope so.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Single A
    Keith Law hates the deal. Sounds good to me,

I might like this trade more if Pomeranian was a more established SP regarding workload.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    What the fuck does that mean? Brock Holt is good and that year he deserved to be an all-star.
    No he didn't lol. Holt is a good player but him making All Star Game last year was a joke.

Good lord people. You bitch about the pitching staff all year long, then when they do something to fix it, you complain about that. Stop complaining and enjoy the ride to the World Series bitches.

GM fills a major hole and fans are jumping off roofs about 2020-21.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Sox still need another 3-5 starter.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Maybe our scouts determined that Espinoza is not as great as his press clippings and maybe they see something that they really like in Pomeranz. Let's hope so.
    I mean, to be fair DD has a good reputation in the trade market but it's not a perfect record.

The knock on Espinoza has been his size, and that has had some concerned about his ability to go 200 innings at the MLB level. But others have said that his delivery is so smooth and controlled that they see him easily being able to handle those rigors despite his size. I hate comps, but for those reason many compared Espinoza to Pedro Martinez.

Major Leaguer
    Lets go for the nut and include Will Myers in the trade and we toss in some more. Right now, at 20yrs old Kopech has a shot with throwing 105 MPH to be the new #1 prospect. If he has to hone in on another pitch, so what. He's has Texas ties just like Clemens. With the studs we have coming, Mancada, Benny, Devers, Kopech, and the offense we have right now, blue skies...... Come on guys think positive.....

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    This is a win now trade, this is a classic give up way more future potential for the chance to win now. I hate it, I don't care if it give us a better chance to win this year.
    Interesting. That's the same perspective I had a few years ago when we traded a certain SS. I hope this one works out as well.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Sox still need another 3-5 starter.
    He still has 2 weeks to go to the trading deadline. Friday night they are handing the ball to ERod. It could be his last opportunity to impress. If he shits on the mound again, maybe DD makes a move for Hill.

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

I'm just not buying the fact that our scouts and management went from not liking Pomeranz enough to out bid the Padres (who acquired Pomeranz from the A’s for Yonder Alonso and Marc Rzepczynski) to thinking he's worth Espinoza now after just 100 IP more or experience.

The more I think about it, the more I'm getting depressed.

I'm with Hugh on this one. I'd rather have gone much larger to get someone more established and less risky.