Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB looking into San Diego deals

MLB looking into San Diego deals

MLB is looking into both the Miami-SD deal and the sox deal to get Pomeranz. We all know what happened with Rea from the Pads, but apparently some medical a weren't disclosed by the Pads about Pomeranz that has the sox in a tizzy. No specifics on Pomeranz given, but interesting none the less
    Hal sucks

What would actually happen if the MLB investigated and this was proven to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    What would actually happen if the MLB investigated and this was proven to be true?
    They could modify the trade or rescind it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

They should make the Padres give us Espi back and let us keep Pomeranz.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    They could modify the trade or rescind it.
    Even this far after the fact? That's interesting... I wonder what Sox would do.

No, they can't. They cannot re-do the trade unless San Diego agrees to remodel the deal. What MLB can do is fine them and take away draft picks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    No, they can't. They cannot re-do the trade unless San Diego agrees to remodel the deal. What MLB can do is fine them and take away draft picks
    The fair thing's giving us those draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't think we know the answer to that. Being an old guy, I can remember when Joe Rudi & Rollie fingers were supposed to come to the Red Sox and the Commissioner vetoed the sale because it wasn't in the best interest of the game. I'm now wondering how long the Commissioner's arm is in regards to trades or sales.

If I'm the Padres my concern is that other teams may now be reluctant to trade with the Pads because they may be developing a reputation for dealing with "damaged goods".
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Major Leaguer
    So we gave up our #1 pitching prospect for a pitcher who may be damaged goods. Not sure what the medical issue is, but going forward if it's serious, I'll be pissed if MLB doesn't take big steps. We should get Esp. back and send them back someone else. I'm not sure if a trade can be voided out, but if it's a big issue serious penalties should be hammered down.

We already knew we might need to treat Pomeranz with kid gloves. Unless it's an elbow or a risk of TJ, i'm not too concerned.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

If the story by Olney is accurate, the issue with Pomeranz must be minor, because the Sox aren't looking for any modifications.

Major Leaguer
    Giving up Esp. for him I'm real concerned and pissed. We'll have to see what the issue is.

Major Leaguer
    That doesn't surprise me. It better be minor.

Quote Originally Posted by bowman View Post
    Giving up Esp. for him I'm real concerned and pissed. We'll have to see what the issue is.
    Esp is gone, let him go. It does us no good to fixate on a Padres prospect. Judge Pomeranz based on Pomeranz.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    They should make the Padres give us Espi back and let us keep Pomeranz.
    Just give him on loan until November.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")