Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Tim Tebow wants to play baseball

  1. #1

    Tim Tebow wants to play baseball

    He's told all 30 teams "don't go anywhere, I plan to put on a hitting display." Will have an open workout session at the end of the month. He last swung a bat in anger in high school, and is now 29 which is the wrong side of middle age in baseball terms. I say he's got no shot, but is someone going to be dumb enough to sign him for the added hype/marketing bump? He's going to have to start out in the minors and I don't see him shaking off 11 years of rust and making it to the majors. Just my opinion but I think he should admit to himself his career as a pro athlete is over, just take the broadcasting as far as it will go and then look for some other type of job, either in or out of sports.

    (And I realize the title's Rickey Henderson reference is way too subtle to be noticed).
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    For what its worth, Gary Sheffield seems to think Tebow could make it in the MLB

  3. #3
    espn article quoted a scouting source saying he had no shot. I don't know if it's ever been done before.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #4
    I kind of like Tebow because he seems genuine.

    He was a very good athlete.

    But I do not see this going well. I doubt that he ever makes it past AA.

    But hey, I hope that he does well.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #5
    I am rooting for him. I don't think it has ever been done before. I do remember the Red Sox giving Ted Wiliams' kid (John Henry) a tryout at age 36. Then tragically he got cancer and died shortly thereafter.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #6
    I think he has a good shot. Depending on what position he plays, there should be a bunch of teams that have nothing else to lose.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  7. #7
    I'm skeptical only because it's been such a rare feat for anyone to play 2 sports at the big league level. I can only think of 3:

    Bo Jackson
    Neon Deion
    Danny Ainge

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm skeptical only because it's been such a rare feat for anyone to play 2 sports at the big league level. I can only think of 3:

    Bo Jackson
    Neon Deion
    Danny Ainge
    Gene Conley
    Jim Thorpe
    Brian Jordan (the 90's were chock full of two sport stars)
    Dave DeBusschere
    Charlie Ward

    I'd love it if more athletes did it.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Gene Conley
    Jim Thorpe
    Brian Jordan (the 90's were chock full of two sport stars)
    Dave DeBusschere
    Charlie Ward

    I'd love it if more athletes did it.
    It's a great story, but the recent ones didn't work out for long. Bo got injured, tragically. Neon and Ainge packed in baseball fairly quickly. Jordan and the others I don't know much about.

  10. #10
    Imagine playing basketball against Julius Peppers... Jesus Christ...

    http://athlonsports.com/nfl/greatest...letes-all-time
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  11. #11
    LOL, only the Mess.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #12
    First day and his jersey is for sale. Fuck outta here.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    First day and his jersey is for sale. Fuck outta here.
    You should have heard Rob Dibble on ESPN radio. He was ripping the Mets for that.


  14. #14
    Terry Collins said he wants Tebow at Spring Training. He immediately followed by saying "nah, just kidding, he sucks."
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #15
    I'm getting impatient for this farce to end. Mets have probably made a mint off his jerseys. Come on people, these things cost $300, you have no business buying one of a guy who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

    Timmeh was hitting a robust .192 or so in the freaking instructional league. FAHGEDDABOUDIT.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •